Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking out loud here, and didn't read the rest of the thread before posting, but living downtown away from campus and teammates? Old school me takes pause.

He'll have the money to pay for it, obviously. He's a one and done, so there's that (but doesn't that make it more important to be around all the time?).

On the flip side, he'll be in the complex or in classes (I assume, haha) most of his waking hours, and therefore around the team and coaches.

Rereading this, I realize I'm just talking in circles. Giddy giddy circles.

I'm just going to hit post now and stop thinkng.

That’s too much separation.

Keep him on campus, please.

Unless this is how it’s now done at OSU….and then give him the house next to Boeheim.
Turns out I should have read two posts down before posting my reaction! Smh.

Apologies if already posted:

This is genius on so many levels:

1) it’s just cool as heck
2) getting local businesses involved is great to generate additional interest in SU
3) every business that gets involved is potential extra NIL when you consider marketing/affiliate marketing as a way to help all involved

Fran knows what he’s doing and it’s glorious to witness.

For the first time in 30 years, I'm thinking of moving back to Syracuse!!!
LET'S GO!!!
I've been trying for 20ish years. Closest I got was my wife applying but not getting a job at SUNY Buffalo. Hope to land within a 5 hour radius someday soon.

Just thinking out loud here, and didn't read the rest of the thread before posting, but living downtown away from campus and teammates? Old school me takes pause.

He'll have the money to pay for it, obviously. He's a one and done, so there's that (but doesn't that make it more important to be around all the time?).

On the flip side, he'll be in the complex or in classes (I assume, haha) most of his waking hours, and therefore around the team and coaches.

Rereading this, I realize I'm just talking in circles. Giddy giddy circles.

I'm just going to hit post now and stop thinkng.
Maybe it's a place for his parents and family

That guy Harrison is pretty good too.
This still pisses me off. Pisses me off that he didn’t pick Cuse. Okay fine. Pisses me of that he was so unimaginative to go to Ohio State. Just so typical and boring. Not fine. And it pisses me off that one of my favorite SU players is also allegedly a criminal. Also not fine.

LOL. No Axe just wanted to beat everyone else out for the scoop and the clicks. There were others who already knew who were sitting on the story so the kid could announce it first.
I'm sure that's true and I know you're in the know, but doesn't that happen everywhere? I've never heard someone in Knoxville complain that someone announces players commitments before the player does.

In that highlight video, he gets 90% of those throws off within about 2 seconds. Definitely a pocket passer for them, didn’t really see any throws on the run. The receivers did make some tough catches. Hopefully he can acclimate to the new offense quickly enough to be similarly efficient, and play to his strengths (and away from any deficiency of our Oline).
He really steps up into pocket also. very quick decisions. like that a lot. WE NEED OLINE NOW.

I hate to say this but all the newhouse kids on ESPN Syracuse are atrocious. They seem to only have knowledge of NFL. Very hard to listen to. I enjoy Higgins and Infante is pretty good, but everything after that is just bad. I expect a little bit of historical knowledge if you are going to be a sports radio guy. They didn't think Syracuse Georgetown was a rivalry. Enough said.
All the good Newhouse guys/gals go off to do play by play/network news. Talk shows, especially those in sub top-50 markets, tend to be lead by “personalities” instead of actual quality hosts which are less reliant knowledge and moreso on “I make outrageous points so listen to me”

This still pisses me off. Pisses me off that he didn’t pick Cuse. Okay fine. Pisses me of that he was so unimaginative to go to Ohio State. Just so typical and boring. Not fine. And it pisses me off that one of my favorite SU players is also allegedly a criminal. Also not fine.
Marvin is not a criminal. He did it to save the neighborhood

LOL. No Axe just wanted to beat everyone else out for the scoop and the clicks. There were others who already knew who were sitting on the story so the kid could announce it first.
What? Journalists break commitment news all the time.

I've been trying for 20ish years. Closest I got was my wife applying but not getting a job at SUNY Buffalo. Hope to land within a 5 hour radius someday soon.

Look at SUNY Albany and colleges in the area. 2 hr drive to ‘cuse, roughly. You also have SUNY Cobleskill/oneonta that are 2 ish hours to ‘cuse. Ever have questions shoot me a message.

This is genius on so many levels:

1) it’s just cool as heck
2) getting local businesses involved is great to generate additional interest in SU
3) every business that gets involved is potential extra NIL when you consider marketing/affiliate marketing as a way to help all involved

Fran knows what he’s doing and it’s glorious to witness.

Heritage Hill is a major sponsor, so I wonder if this was part of that sponsorship or a nice returning of the favor. Closing the whole brewery on a Saturday right before the holidays must have cost some decent coin!

There are three guys, Mack, Bass, and Moeolo that didn’t play in the base offense last year because they were true freshman or injured. Elllis, More, and Wholabaugh had a combined 3 games of starts. They are all at least 6-5 and 300 all were three stars and average .85 on 247 (for what that’s worth).

I don’t have a problem going out and getting better guys, I’ve been saying need 2 more Dave W types, but there may be answers already on the roster for depth at least if not day one starters. The experience Petry and Bradford got had to make them better, but they should be depth guys not 10 game starters.
Good post. If we can just get our guys back healthy we will have a solid OL. Add a few and we should be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom