Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But - they woulda been just A-OK if McCord had "fallen all the way" to Nebraska?? :rolleyes:

The same Nebraska that hasn't been to a single bowl game since Obama was still in office?
That Nebraska?!

John Candy Reaction GIF
Did he say that? Honestly I don't listen to Feinbaum. If he said Cuse was lower than Nebraska then he is smoking something. I agree.

I can’t wait to treat this guy better than OSU. I’m from Dayton, OH, and I’ve always hated OSU. However, their treatment of McCord—both as a QB and while he’s out the door—is just awful. It’s worse than any smack-talk I’ve ever said about that school and their largely spoiled, insufferable, and entitled alumni and fanbase.

Dude’s only crime is not being CJ Stroud and Justin Fields. Funnier still is that they blame him for that second interception against Michigan. Neither Stroud, nor Fields, nor the ghost of Johnny Unitas could have completed that pass with that pass rush and two linemen tripping over themselves.

He’s paid by ESPN to shill the SEC and troll the Big Ten (straight from an ESPN guy). It’s unfortunate that they allow him to hurt their other conference property (ACC) in his delusional rants, but the network is in the bag for the SEC. The FSU screw job cemented that fact to everyone. The ACC is secondary to ESPN brass.
1000001552.jpg

Paul is the typical nerd who has never played a minute of meaningful sports in his life. So he takes his nerdy bald ugly muppet looking self and talks about stuff he knows nothing about. How this guy ever got to be relevant is insane to me. LOOK AT HIM. cmon Paul let’s pipe down. You’re a square Benny, an L7 weenie who mixes their dogs with their mommas toe jam.

God that felt good. I hate that guy so much. He should work for the ncaa with everyone else who knows nothing about sports

Paul is the typical nerd who has never played a minute of meaningful sports in his life. So he takes his nerdy bald ugly muppet looking self and talks about stuff he knows nothing about. How this guy ever got to be relevant is insane to me. LOOK AT HIM. cmon Paul let’s pipe down. You’re a square Benny, an L7 weenie who mixes their dogs with their mommas toe jam.

God that felt good. I hate that guy so much. He should work for the ncaa with everyone else who knows nothing about sports
Finebaum gives us bald, slightly nerdy guys named Paul a bad name. At least I played sports though :p

This is actually kind of a good thing; major talking heads are talking about us. Albeit negatively, but that's inevitable. This is like phase one of us being nationally relevant. Once we're consistently ranked they will get even worse so we have to be ready.

This is actually kind of a good thing; major talking heads are talking about us. Albeit negatively, but that's inevitable. This is like phase one of us being nationally relevant. Once we're consistently ranked they will get even worse so we have to be ready.
I hear ya - all publicity is "good" publicity. My biggest issue with Paul's comments is that he didn't at all, from what I can tell, mention the context. Kyle is playing closer to home now, and he has deep, deep ties with SU coaches that go back many, many years. Additionally, while Syracuse isn't a top-tier team right now, Paul had the audacity to mention Nebraska. Lol. I get the Cornhuskers are in the Big Ten, but they went 5-7 this season. Syracuse has made back-to-back bowl games, and Brown is seemingly building something special. Calling Kyle's decision "weird" is lazy, IMO.

I hear ya - all publicity is "good" publicity. My biggest issue with Paul's comments is that he didn't at all, from what I can tell, mention the context. Kyle is playing closer to home now, and he has deep, deep ties with SU coaches that go back many, many years. Additionally, while Syracuse isn't a top-tier team right now, Paul had the audacity to mention Nebraska. Lol. I get the Cornhuskers are in the Big Ten, but they went 5-7 this season. Syracuse has made back-to-back bowl games, and Brown is seemingly building something special. Calling Kyle's decision "weird" is lazy, IMO.
100% agree.

That because the context doesn't' fit his narrative, so he basically ignores it.

Going 4-8 with 80,000 disappointed fans just means more.

It's unlikely but I hope the SEC gets upset/doesn't have any national title game finalists once we go to 12 teams. College football is for everyone not just your conference.

I trust Coach Fran Brown and his Staff. I trust Kyle McCord and his correct decision to choose Syracuse University Football. I trust in the Syracuse Football Program as a whole. Now let them show the college football world in 2024 why Syracuse University Football is relevant. Go Orange!!!!!

And he doesn't mention the other 10 '4-star' talent most at WR. 2xGeorgia transfers, 2x4-star NJ WR and a returning all-ACC receiver. Does he think he's coming alone with the same players from last year?
Weird.

In contrast to Finebaum’s hit job, which we discussed here yesterday, today’s episode of ESPN’s College Football LIve provided at least a grudging endorsement of Kyle’s move.

Sam Acho said he is a believer in Fran Brown. And while he said McCord has “limited upside,” and “is not a world beater,” he also brings “core competency” to the position and the program. Provides other recruits with confirmation of the validity of what Brown is building.

There were also positive reviews from the woman anchor whose name I don’t recall, but whose hair evokes Real Housewives of Long Island.

When GS came here I made a compilation of all the pass/run attempts I could find, so when I heard the news this morning I knew I'd be spending my Sunday doing the same thing again!

I finally got a chance to view all of this. My impressions:

- He is a very accurate short passer but his long passes tend to be under-thrown, (as do most long passes from college QBs).

- He has a very quick release.

- He's a bit more mobile than I thought. He can scramble some and can buy time. But other times he doesn't see the pressure coming.

- He sometimes makes unwise throws under pressure. Again, a trait of most college QBs.

- With their usual strong running game Ohio State's passing offense tends to be a short passing offense, with a lot of slants and more throws over the middle than we've seen in a decade.

- I saw very few sideline throws and most of those there thrown to the inside of the receiver, a couple of yards in bounds, so he had room to maneuver.

- He didn't seem like a talent capable of elevating the program all by himself but he could be part of the renaissance fueled by over-all increases in the talent level here, along with players who could have left staying to be a part of this.

Last edited:
Probably nothing but figured I'd share. Two of Kyle's most recent follows on IG are Donald Driver (Green Bay packers) and his son Cristian Driver who is transferring from Penn St. Went to their Twitter and this was one of his replies.View attachment 235379
Interesting. I was looking at Driver a couple weeks ago and saw some common links with Dino. Driver would be a nice addition for us... and another loss for Penn St. 4 star kid from Texas with NFL blood who played at Liberty Christian where Jason Witten is the HC. One of my old students was their QB.

Interesting. I was looking at Driver a couple weeks ago and saw some common links with Dino. Driver would be a nice addition for us... and another loss for Penn St. 4 star kid from Texas with NFL blood who played at Liberty Christian where Jason Witten is the HC. One of my old students was their QB.
Then make it happen!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors