Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Season 1 GIF by FOX TV

Is Turning Stone in the NIL game or would Syracuse not allow that even if they wanted to?

I'm not going to deny that McCord may have better options to go to one of the better programs or more scenic locales (not that Columbus Ohio was any type of locale, its not, it sucks tbh). But what we can fulfill is that sometimes Jersey feels more comfortable around Jersey. Hope he's one, I think it would be fun. I also think HCFB and the staff are uniquely equipped to handle any family situations that may arise shall we say.

I'm not going to deny that McCord may have better options to go to one of the better programs or more scenic locales (not that Columbus Ohio was any type of locale, its not, it sucks tbh). But what we can fulfill is that sometimes Jersey feels more comfortable around Jersey. Hope he's one, I think it would be fun. I also think HCFB and the staff are uniquely equipped to handle any family situations that may arise shall we say.
Maybe we can even replicate the Jersey aromas. The smell of raw sewage and gasoline will warm the heart.

What are they going to do to top the Hibachi in the Dome this weekend?
Maybe Dinosaur can bring in some tow behind smokers and cook a dinner up right inside the dome. The place would smell Devine. Or I'm thinking we could bring in a bunch of different food trucks and park them around the dome, next to the Ferraris, so the kids have options.

In addition to being a clear impact get at the qb position, McCord would do something else for us. Getting him would legitimize what is happening more than another team's backup qb would. Right now, if Michigan or Notre Dame were to take the backup off another team, he and they will get the benefit of the doubt with media and recruits "Oh he must be GOOD for them to take him." We wouldn't get that yet. Even if our coaches love the tape of said qb we got, the narrative would be "He must not be as good as we thought..." until we PROVE otherwise. And while McCird has some detractors, recruits in the portal and HS have seen this guy for themselves leading an 11 - 1 team and throwing 24 TDs. Look at Mews' eyeball reaction on twitter... receivers know this guy and KNOW he has talent. McCord is instant credibility that we are playing at the big boy table from now on. It gives Fran the ability to walk into any kid's home and be at the same level as ANY P4 coach.

Same.

Pro style requires more sound oline fundamentals, that translate better to the NFL game. For any oline transfer, that could be a big deal if they are trying to up their draft potential. That could be a sound strategy on securing quality oline.

SU ran the ball pretty well even though they couldn't pass for the last 3 games, I think that definitely showed some potential to have a solid running game only now a better/healthy QB and potentially WR's/TE's that can get open.

One thing I noticed in those games was that the WR's were getting open without having a plethora of DB's around with the 4 WR sets.

He probably had the best OL we’ve had in the last 20 years, especially when Pugh came back. Pugh Chibane Mackey Trudo Hickey i believe ?
Michael Hay too I believe, he was good too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors