Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a one year rental. If his dad is an issue, it won't be for long. Plus, I trust Coach Brown and staff to take care of any such problems.
Yeah...just take him out behind the dumpster. A little wall to wall counseling will take care of this issue

Fair, but would more go off the coaches commentary on him. Again, not saying he isn’t a viable upgrade
Are these the same coaches that said GMac was overrated?

They didn’t disclose the coaches. Just cited defensive coordinators who went against them this year

And the bold part is a double negative, so essentially say he would be an upgrade
This all sounds eerily familiar to Bo Nix leaving Auburn for many of the same reasons, then he goes to Oregon, has more touchdowns the first year that he had the previous two, and is now a potential first round pick.

Last edited:
Can I have the link to the Athletic article?
Yes, I think there are 4 or 5 where he is highlighted

This one was predominately positive on him and said no doubt has an elite arm when he has time: Ohio State QB Kyle McCord enters transfer portalOhio State QB Kyle McCord enters transfer portal. What’s next for Buckeyes?

This one said he showed talent but also had headscratcher moments: Transfer portal QB rankings: Who are the top options on the move this offseason?Transfer portal QB rankings: Who are the top options on the move this offseason?

I will try to find the one where they cite a few opposing coaches who weren’t as high on him now compared to when he first came out of high school:

This one was predominately positive on him and said no doubt has an elite arm when he has time: Ohio State QB Kyle McCord enters transfer portalOhio State QB Kyle McCord enters transfer portal. What’s next for Buckeyes?

This one said he showed talent but also had headscratcher moments: Transfer portal QB rankings: Who are the top options on the move this offseason?Transfer portal QB rankings: Who are the top options on the move this offseason?

I will try to find the one where they cite a few opposing coaches who weren’t as high on him now compared to when he first came out of high school:
Thank you. Their search function stinks.

Man, do you have some takes. :rolleyes:
yup..

But can you recall all those times he ran buy people?

You watch his highlights and many of them are slow drag routes or long delay corner routes. Those are plays we cant even run here with our protection issues.

he has elite size though and great hands.

He plays more like Diggs to me than a Hill type. but Bigger than both.

Just watched an On3 clip about McCord. Essentially he stated he talked to people close to Nebraska and all these rumors are crap. Nebraska really wanted him, he was certainly a take there.
Of course he was a take there. To think anything else is absurd. They didn't tell him no thanks after having him come out for his visit.

I believe the second article was written by the Michigan beat writer for The Athletic. I would really be surprised it he had something positive to offer on Ohio State's QB.

They didn’t disclose the coaches. Just cited defensive coordinators who went against them this year

And the bold part is a double negative, so essentially say he would be an upgrade

Those DCoordinators finished 1-11 vs him. So what’s their opinion worth? Would any of our QBs have finished 11-1 running OSU?

I laughed at the mere mention of viability even being in a sentence regarding him. I’m not saying he isn’t a viable upgrade is correct cause if you were even thinking it you’d be crazy.

Until further notice I'll believe Dad is just an excuse. OSU has a track record of running people off if they can't beat Michigan- I remember they did it to a fairly decent coach (name escapes me), & I wouldn't be surprised Day's seat will get hotter next year if it's 4 consecutive losses to UM,
John Cooper is the guy you are thinking of. He was their coach before Tressel.

Of course he was a take there. To think anything else is absurd. They didn't tell him no thanks after having him come out for his visit.
That’s what’s being spewed though. One was that it was “the dad” or two they have the 5 star coming and no longer needed him.

Yeah You can see some of Mccords issues.

Got locked in a few times. But then fit it in small windows as well

Inaccurate at times but again some really nice throws into tight coverage

And a whole game of Harrison dominating on basically a few physical slants and 3-4 slow cross plays and a wheel route.

Arm strength is good

Clear he thought he could wait and let his guy beat the man and sometimes it led to sacks.

I said this before, but the Sunday night where he said that he was not going to be our coach, I didn't sleep that night I was so upset. Which is ridiculous on it's face. And what has happened since has made it even more ridiculous.
It’s not ridiculous. What that thread showed me was that the diehards were begging for a reason to rally. Fortunately John heard us.

This would be like getting Greg Paulus if he had been starting at QB for Notre Dame the year before and not playing basketball.

I didn’t notice a drop off from Stroud. I also didn’t see Stroud having an amazing NFL rookie season after choking the UGA game way. Also Buckeyes fans were brutal to him when he was the starter McCord didn’t get as much grief from those morons he just didn’t beat Michigan then immediately moved on.

It’s completely fair to point out some of his faults. It’s also completely fair to say that he’s the highest rated, highest pedigree, with the greatest 1 year of experience to have ever transferred here, if he comes.

He’s a take 10/10. We should be excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors