Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

I don't believe he's visited yet. Let's get him up to Cuse before the snow hits.

Seriously, especially this year. If he gets up in the next week, he would leave saying, "This is what it's like here in December? This isn't so bad. I can deal with this." Mwuahhhhahhhaaahaaaa.
They play for the state championship this weekend.

Seriously, especially this year. If he gets up in the next week, he would leave saying, "This is what it's like here in December? This isn't so bad. I can deal with this." Mwuahhhhahhhaaahaaaa.
Come on...we need to show him what Cuse winters are really like...we know this 55-60 degree stuff is abnormal...he needs to come the following week when it is a more seasonable 40-45 degrees for Winter...Syracuse has had 0.8 inches of snow so far...an incredible amount so far. We want him to be comfortable seeing traces of snow throughout the Winter. This is trending to maybe 8-10" of snow this season!!!!! Only the hardy can survive that.

first predicted storm i see is for the 19th-20th , lots of moisture but the cold trough needs to move a couple hundred miles to make it pan out.

Come on...we need to show him what Cuse winters are really like...we know this 55-60 degree stuff is abnormal...he needs to come the following week when it is a more seasonable 40-45 degrees for Winter...Syracuse has had 0.8 inches of snow so far...an incredible amount so far. We want him to be comfortable seeing traces of snow throughout the Winter. This is trending to maybe 8-10" of snow this season!!!!! Only the hardy can survive that.

Clubs are still in the car. Some places haven't closed others are opening up this weekend.

Clubs are still in the car. Some places haven't closed others are opening up this weekend.
Enjoy it...I used to love playing the easy, short fast tracks for Winter golf.

Contacted but doesn't appear he was told his spot was guaranteed like the others we've heard (Moe, Heckel, Brouse, etc). In Dino I trust, but I've got a bad feeling about this.

With this one, I would bet anything they are just running it up the flagpole with a couple other kids they like a little better. If nothing shakes out there, they'll keep Lindsey. I would bet anything this is what's happening.

Pretty clear they like Rex. They made him a priority almost immediately. So that is a good sign that we have at least 1 QB in the class that was heavily recruited that the new staff likes as much as the old staff did.

Nothing against Rex, but honestly, I hope Lindsey sticks, then gets up there and completely blows them away with his skills & abilities.

What can I say, I like to root for the underdog. I can just bet he has been told his whole life that he looks good, but just doesn't quite fit the mold. Hope he spends the rest of his life sticking it to them all!

Pretty clear they like Rex. They made him a priority almost immediately. So that is a good sign that we have at least 1 QB in the class that was heavily recruited that the new staff likes as much as the old staff did.

Well that, and he's an early enrollee, and he's got Scoop along with him, and he plays at a football factory HS we would *love* to develop a pipeline with.

Oh, and his mom isn't hard on the eyes either.

All that said - I really hope we don't pass on Lindsey.
Kid is a baller, and athletic enough that he could become the KJ to whomever's McNabb, if the QB thing doesn't work out at SU.

Given our recent history, and that Rex is coming off an ACL injury, and Dungey may already be playing with 2 strikes, Wilson has shown he's likely not a viable option, and The Officer is mostly an option QB who won't fit the BG offenseive system - there's no reason not to bring this kid in.

Well that, and he's an early enrollee, and he's got Scoop along with him, and he plays at a football factory HS we would *love* to develop a pipeline with.

Kid is a baller, and athletic enough that he could become the KJ to whomever's McNabb, if the QB thing doesn't work out at SU.

Given our recent history, and that Rex is coming off an ACL injury, and Dungey may already be playing with 2 strikes, Wilson has shown he's likely not a viable option, and The Officer is mostly an option QB who won't fit the BG offenseive system - there's no reason not to bring this kid in.
Whether he fits your system or not - there is no way one does not aggressively lock up the player of the year in freaking Louisiana as soon as humanly possible - one whose athleticism would probably allow him to play a different position if need be. This kid, who has zero eligibility issues, has dropped into the new staff's lap. I'm all for giving the new staff the benefit of the doubt on just about everything, but I'd have to question if they don't do everything they can to lock up this kid.

Whether he fits your system or not - there is no way one does not aggressively lock up the player of the year in freaking Louisiana as soon as humanly possible - one whose athleticism would probably allow him to play a different position if need be. This kid, who has zero eligibility issues, has dropped into the new staff's lap. I'm all for giving the new staff the benefit of the doubt on just about everything, but I'd have to question if they don't do everything they can to lock up this kid.

Yes, THIS.

As much as it might be nice to pick another O-lineman, or DL, or WR, or RB, or whatever - NONE of that matters if your QB depth is inadequate.
And ours has been, for at least 2 years now.
Can you imagine Wilson or Mahoney trying to run the BG O?
Me neither.

He has been contacted by the staff. He has a state championship to play. Let's just wait and see what happens this weekend.

is this what you want him to see?
http://www.syracuse.com/weather/ind...t_days_of_winter_2014-15_in_central_ny.html#0

That is lies. It was sunny and in the 50s most of last winter. :cool:

I know some of the kids from the Deep South actually are excited to see something different.
Just send them to the Alpine,they will see something different for sure.

I moved back to Syracuse to get cooler temperatures for winter, if I wanted another green Christmas I would have stayed in Tampa.
I moved to Winter Haven Florida to get away from that 6' of snow and 34 below weather:vomit: or I would have stayed in upstate ,NY. Nothing wrong with a GREEN Christmas in my book.