Class of 2016 - QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Lindsey Scott Jr (LA) LSU /JUCO / Mizzou/Nicholls St/Incarnate Word

Only part of the recruiting process/new staff I'm trying not to be negative about but feel like we could have used him somewhere. I understand the position of the coaches but I hope Scott lights it up. Won't make me feel better though if he does.

Im sure that Dino is happy with the four kids we are going to have. The shortest is the captain at 6-2 the other guys are all 6-3. Next year i would expect us to bring in 2 and i fully expect some off season move to bring in a 5th QB

I hope he lights it up at LSU. Great kid from a classy family.

Careful...I was blasted for saying the same thing. Apparently, it isn't okay to root for the kids to do well, if they don't end up at SU.

I really think that he was a tweener for us. If not QB what position would he play. Wr slot ok but we are loaded at that position, RB i guess but again we have some great young talent, needed a power back and got one. CB too short. He is a great QB in the right setting. I hope he gets a chance for LSU and kills it

start as a frosh for 4 years. If bert Jones had his ability, he would have traded his
Who gives a shat where he lines up? He's a good football player.
Actually I replied to dasher thinking Syracuse told Scott he couldn't play quarterback for them, which I forgot doesn't seem to be the case based on Sean Lewis' twitter. I retract my statement.

Actually I replied to dasher thinking Syracuse told Scott he couldn't play quarterback for them, which I forgot doesn't seem to be the case based on Sean Lewis' twitter. I retract my statement.
I shouldn't've jumped in anyway. Just really like this kid, and would've liked to have seen us fight for him. But, they're the ones getting paid to do this and I trust Babers judgement.

I'm done with this thread, as has been stated, spilt milk at this point.

So he committed to LSU.

I hope the narrative that this is on Dino and staff is finally put to bed.

The kid got the offer he dreamed of. So we would have lost him no matter what. Good for him. Glad SU fans won't have to root for a Rutgers or Maryland QB now.

I don't buy that we would have lost him anyways. This kid was a caring kid and very intelligent one also. I believe if we would have shown him the same caring feelings that the coaching staff went out right after they were announced as NEW staff they did for other top recruits they wanted to firm up, he would have felt as a part of this new and exciting venture at SU. and to guarantee he would be giving a equal chance to win a starting position, I do believe he would have stayed, even with a late LSU offer. We all know he will not be a starting QB there. Just my personal feeling. No harm , no foul :)

rackman18 said:
I don't buy that we would have lost him anyways. This kid was a caring kid and very intelligent one also. I believe if we would have shown him the same caring feelings that the coaching staff went out right after they were announced as NEW staff they did for other top recruits they wanted to firm up, he would have felt as a part of this new and exciting venture at SU. and to guarantee he would be giving a equal chance to win a starting position, I do believe he would have stayed, even with a late LSU offer. We all know he will not be a starting QB there. Just my personal feeling. No harm , no foul :)

Nope - was his dream school I his home state.

That tweet of him with Coach Lewis was essentially him confirming that he was solid to SU.

The next day he heard from LSU. They tell him "decommit and we'll offer you".

He says absolutely because it's his dream school. We never had a chance once they were ready to offer.

I hear what you are saying but we don't know what actually was said between coaches and recruit. Yes and how long was it before the coaches got a hold of Scott. Everyone or most everyone on here was wondering why it was to taking so long to get to reassure Scott of his scholarship.

that's a heck of an interesting article.

I took 2 things from it - a LSU offer was going to be extremely hard for him to turn down regardless of the circumstances, and that the LSU staff has the same concerns about him that our staff did.

Hope he's ready to play another position. LSU already had the #9 pocket passer committed and just added the #1 dual threat QB today.

jgeorge322 said:
Why, what if hes better than both.

Ratings and Babers could both be wrong I suppose. I'm rooting for the kid - but if you look at his competition, it's not out of line to assume he's an underdog to start as QB at LSU.

Ratings and Babers could both be wrong I suppose. I'm rooting for the kid - but if you look at his competition, it's not out of line to assume he's an underdog to start as QB at LSU.

Two things:
1. Babers might have thought he was wrong for his system. He could be right for LSU
2. Ratings... Who cares. Were the top 2 picks in the NFL draft highly rated? I really dont know but assuming not.