Class of 2020 - QB Mason Garcia (SC) Verbal to ECU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Mason Garcia (SC) Verbal to ECU

There’s a different vibe to Cuse offers now. Seems like more support from others. Maybe just me? But I think the orange wave is moving around the country and is just starting to pick up steam. People are noticing this offer means more then it used too.

It certainly seems like the staff is throwing fewer offers out than before. Fewer offers means that a Cuse offer means more.

Kid looks like he's got big upside.
Agree. Shows some good stuff: good size, decent athleticism, clean release, can change speed and anticipates routes well, comes off his first read without panicking, seems to consistently check the under when he reads a bracket...not bad.

There’s a different vibe to Cuse offers now. Seems like more support from others. Maybe just me? But I think the orange wave is moving around the country and is just starting to pick up steam. People are noticing this offer means more then it used too.

yep, that's what a 10 win season will do and that is what having a charismatic coach will do. Marrone is the only other coach with any recent success and he is about as charismatic as Ben Stein. Bortles? Bortles? Buehler?

It certainly seems like the staff is throwing fewer offers out than before. Fewer offers means that a Cuse offer means more.

Not so sure about that. I think I recall seeing an article recently that had us with something like 270 offers outstanding, whereas Alabama had about half that, and Clemson under 100.

Not so sure about that. I think I recall seeing an article recently that had us with something like 270 offers outstanding, whereas Alabama had about half that, and Clemson under 100.
I hear what you’re saying but if you look at the majority of those offers were early offers

I hear what you’re saying but if you look at the majority of those offers were early offers

Yes, and so are the other schools' offers. It's still early.

Early...no. There around six pages of prospects that were offered last year. That is a pretty normal time frame for recruiting prospects for the next class.

Ya but those schools can wait til last minute and throw their offer out to them because of their stature. We can't do that, at least not now. ;)

Here are last year's numbers. We had the 2nd lowest commit rate in the country according to this article. I don't necessarily think this is bad, we just make a lot of offers.

You have to cast a wide net to find the gems among the 3 star players. I have no problem with this, because it shows you that Dino and the staff's success so far is built on a foundation of hard work. That's a lot of kids to see, a lot of school to travel to, and a lot of chances to get that "diamond in the rough".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom