Class of 2016 - QB Mo Hasan (FL) Preferred Walk On Commits to Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Mo Hasan (FL) Preferred Walk On Commits to Syracuse

I'm not seeing a lot of zip on those passes, but he has the frame to fill out, maybe he'll physically develop a little more over the next few years. No down side in bringing him on at any rate.

If that's the case I hope he lasts longer than the former. I believe he lasted less than a week if I remember correctly.

That's just a speculation on my part. And the more talented preferred walk ons that the staff can bring in the better to help with depth where needed.

So let me get this right; Aid based on economic need and academics is outside the scope of the NCAA?

SU should recruit the LT blocking for Hasan in this video. Couldn't help but notice that guy was annihilating his opponent on nearly every play.

I believe this is him. Seen him listed as both a guard and a tackle. Only 6'2" so would probably project as a guard at the next level. He's a senior though and doesn't look to have any offers.

http://247sports.com/Player/Ernest-Sellars-83370

A Miami Herald article from February had this blurb about him:

Offensive lineman Ernest Sellars is still undecided about which college he will attend. Edward Waters College is his favorite at the moment, but several other schools interest him. “It might take a while,” Sellars said of a decision.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/prep-broward/article58192268.html#storylink=cpy

I think we stole one here, this guy looks great. Seems so comfortable in everything he does.

Great find ... a kid like this will probably be busting his tail to get a scholly.

I believe this is him. Seen him listed as both a guard and a tackle. Only 6'2" so would probably project as a guard at the next level. He's a senior though and doesn't look to have any offers.

http://No links to . . . allowed on this site.com/Player/Ernest-Sellars-83370

A Miami Herald article from February had this blurb about him:

Offensive lineman Ernest Sellars is still undecided about which college he will attend. Edward Waters College is his favorite at the moment, but several other schools interest him. “It might take a while,” Sellars said of a decision.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/prep-broward/article58192268.html#storylink=cpy

Thanks. Hard to tell what level of comp the LT was facing but I noticed that Hasan rarely ever had to look over his left shoulder to see if anybody was coming.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the preferred walk -on and the "premium" preferred walk-on is?
A walk on is a walk on different schools call it different names to make it sound better that's all.

Ringostar57 said:
So let me get this right; Aid based on economic need and academics is outside the scope of the NCAA?

Based on my understanding yes as long as the school did not recruit him, he can receive academic based and need based aid and walk on, Just like any other walk on could. I do not know where the did or did not "Recruit him" line stops and starts before this. Or when can you call a kid and say hey want to PWO? I would imagine you can contact after academic acceptance letters are sent out or thereabouts.

If I were a football coach I would scour the list of accepted students to see if there are any 1AA level players that applied for academics. Players with great academics and/or from either end of the economic sectrum might get enough financial support from home or aid needed to attend academically. Depth and improved practice is critical, and these players have a chance to play / earn a athletic scholly if they prove their talent on the field.

He extended a "premium preferred walk-on" spot before leaving, Hasan said. If he takes it, SU would provide him a partial academic scholarship for the first year of his enrollment, and in that time he would hopefully earn a full athletic scholarship.
I could not find anywhere that gives the amount of aid provided.

I was looking around and I don't think he is going to need that much academic aid. His father is a cosmetic plastic surgeon.

I'm not seeing a lot of zip on those passes, but he has the frame to fill out, maybe he'll physically develop a little more over the next few years. No down side in bringing him on at any rate.

This is a great Pickup as a (P)PWO if he proves himself during his career and we have an extra 'ship great.

Yeah I agree about the zip though his release doesn't look slow. Looks to me like he throws a great deep ball though and hits several longer back shoulder throws, great for stretching the field and setting up gashing run plays. He has quite a bit of air under every ball he throws probably a release point issue, if he zips the ball at a lower trajectory his release may slow down.

Both throws allow for a little more air under the ball. The deep pass often needs it of course and The longer back shoulder can use it since the DB's back is turned and if the receiver times his turn & jump the body does an extra the pushoff of the DB and it puts the catch even further from the defender. Short yardage Red Zone, most Back shoulders need a little more zip or risk an INT because the defender knows when to turn or an out of bounds catch/Inocompletion with an overthrow in a tight coverage window.

There are very few short over the middle passes on the tape so I would guess that is his weakness. A few that are there seem to be come backs, under pressure, or not hitting the guy in stride on a crossing route with greatly increases YAC. With his deep balls there were a percentage where the receiver had to slow down and didn't get hit in stride, but the ball was often thrown where only the receiver could catch it, so Plus/Minus there and it is a highlight tape.

I agree with another poster I see a similar Gaopplo air it out arc to the passing in this tape, no complaints there, I expect the staff to work very hard on quick release zip for short & intermediates and hitting guys in stride. Possible diamond in the rough with the Babers system.

Also a note Passing per attempt and per completion stats are very similar to Eric Dungey as a Senior at Lake Oswego, rushing much less than Dungey.
Division (State) Player cmp-att / yards/ td - int
6A of 8A (FLA) Anthony "Mo" Hasan 163-259 / 2261/ 19 - 7
6A of 6A (ORE) Eric Dungey (HS SR) 186-302 / 2395/ 22 - 12

Welcome Mo Excited to see what you can do!

I think we stole one here, this guy looks great. Seems so comfortable in everything he does.

Great find ... a kid like this will probably be busting his tail to get a scholly.
Let's not get too excited for what is essentially still a walk-on. Walk-ons won't change the course of our program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom