Class of 2016 - QB Mo Hasan (FL) Preferred Walk On Commits to Syracuse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Mo Hasan (FL) Preferred Walk On Commits to Syracuse

I agree that it is highly unlikely that Hasan ends up as a starting QB for Syracuse, let alone an impact player. The odds are overwhelmingly against it.

It should be noted, though, that Baker Mayfield was in a similar situation. He was the starting QB for Lake Travis High School, a powerhouse school in Austin, TX that produces many D1 football players. The issue of not getting a scholarship for Mayfield wasn't the case where scouts/recruiters didn't get to see him because he was in some under noticed location, just like Hasan. Mayfield, of course, ended up walking on at Texas Tech, won the starting gig, and ultimately transferred to Oklahoma and led them to the playoff this year.

Of course, just because Mayfield did it doesn't mean Hassan can or will. I'm just pointing out that there is a recent example of a QB pulling off the (very near) impossible.

It just never hurts to have irons in the fire, especially at a position like QB where there is such a premium on harder to scout attributes, like speed of processing information and the ability to make sound decisions in chaos.

He's a walk on, 3 star QB, with great size? I don't get what people are getting so touchy about? Do we ever get walk-ons of this caliber?

He's a walk on, 3 star QB, with great size? I don't get what people are getting so touchy about? Do we ever get walk-ons of this caliber?

Cough, cough - Riley Dixon - cough, cough.
:cool:

Cough, cough - Riley Dixon - cough, cough.
:cool:
I think that turned out pretty well for us. Yeah this is a no-brainer and a great get, no other way to look at it.

I think that turned out pretty well for us. Yeah this is a no-brainer and a great get, no other way to look at it.

Well, obviously. I meant coming in, as a walk on, with 3 stars.

Those kids are jacked...bring us some more Dillard boys.

By the way Mo does throw a very nice ball.

Yes please work on some more players at Dillard. They have your cousin who is a stud of a DE, Mr. Ruff, and the other DE is real good also . Lets make the whole front D-line " Killer Dillard D-Line".;)

So he is going to transfer to WSU? Are they giving him a full ride or another PWO situation?

I guess he is going to replace the young man who took his own life. Sad situation.

Does that show our staff's ability to identify talent at the QB position?

Vandy has suspended their backup QB for the season. Mo may enter the season as QB2.

Funny to think that he couldn’t get on the field at SU but he’s one QB injury away from being the starter at an SEC school.

Who is Vanderbilt football backup QB now that Deuce Wallace is suspended for season?

Vandy would finish similar to us in the ACC. Dino expects a lot from the position and everyone in the QB room has seen TD throw. He was right to look for a better situation and it looks like it might work out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom