Class of 2025 - QB Quentin Murphy (AR) Offered [Announcing 5/31] | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 QB Quentin Murphy (AR) Offered [Announcing 5/31]

Wiltfong predicting Cuse too. Between him and Raikes just another insane weekend if we land both of them. Either would’ve been Dino’s best recruit. I mean no disrespect to Dino… just facts.
On Paper. Sean Tucker, OG, Wax, Burgereon, Cisco, Iffy, Garret Williams, Devito, Williams, etc…. Dino churned out a lot of NFL guys compared to what we had prior. Hope we have a lot more coming with Fran

You just don't tell them that to recruit them. No top QB ever went to a school who told them there is a possibility you don't play QB.
Absolutely. You tell them they have a chance to compete. Anyone worth having isn't scared of competition. As things shake out you have conversations about options. Then the ball is in their court. And you never know, the lower rated kid may come in with intangibles the others don't have and win the job. That happened at Georgia not long ago.

Take them and Belin to. I don’t think it’s an issue because Washington isn’t coming here.
And if Washington isn’t coming (which was my original argument!!) then YES you take him. I’ve never once said that if Washington says no that we don’t take him. I just said that if Coaches still have heard from MW that Cuse has a serious chance, then you don’t get a commitment here.

If that is thrown out due to MW narrowing his commitment to a few schools without Cuse on the list, then 1000% you take QM!

I thought some guys said Mcnabb didnt beat Johnson bye much.
but Johnson switched positions and Downing stayed the backup. Perhaps not much difference from the perspective of athleticism, or potential explosiveness, but I recall my roommate saying it was pretty clear to all even during McNabb's redshirt year.

Edit: It could also have been as simple as size/durability. KJ was nowhere near as big as McNabb (5'-11" vs 6'-3")

And if Washington isn’t coming (which was my original argument!!) then YES you take him. I’ve never once said that if Washington says no that we don’t take him. I just said that if Coaches still have heard from MW that Cuse has a serious chance, then you don’t get a commitment here.

If that is thrown out due to MW narrowing his commitment to a few schools without Cuse on the list, then 1000% you take QM!
You take the player who is ready to commit, not wait for a possibility.
That's how you end up getting no-one.
If a player isn't willing to compete for the job, let him go somewhere else.

but Johnson switched positions and Downing stayed the backup. Perhaps not much difference from the perspective of athleticism, or potential explosiveness, but I recall my roommate saying it was pretty clear to all even during McNabb's redshirt year.

Edit: It could also have been as simple as size/durability. KJ was nowhere near as big as McNabb (5'-11" vs 6'-3")
And a recall that KJ wasn't too happy initially with the change to WR. It was Harrison that told him his ticket to the league was to make that move. Today he likely transfers.

On Paper. Sean Tucker, OG, Wax, Burgereon, Cisco, Iffy, Garret Williams, Devito, Williams, etc…. Dino churned out a lot of NFL guys compared to what we had prior. Hope we have a lot more coming with Fran
Well he had 8 seasons to do it ... under Shafer and Marrone (covering 7 seasons) you had Spruill, Cam Lynch, Zaire Franklyn, Riley Dixon, Jay Bromley, Alec Lemon, Ryan Nassib, Justin Pugh, Shamarko Thomas, Chan Jones, Doug Hogue, Delone Carter, Andrew Tiller, Mike Williams and Art Jones. I think it is comparable when you consider the season count in Dino's case vs the others.

I can tell there is some apprehension in some poster's post about bringing in multiple QBs...This is what Top 10 programs do YEARLY...Shouldn't be afraid of losing 1 QB because they didn't win the Starting spot.
Bama had Hurts, Tua and Mac Jones in the same QB room ... it is amazing what big boy programs accomplish.

Well he had 8 seasons to do it ... under Shafer and Marrone (covering 7 seasons) you had Spruill, Cam Lynch, Zaire Franklyn, Riley Dixon, Jay Bromley, Alec Lemon, Ryan Nassib, Justin Pugh, Shamarko Thomas, Chan Jones, Doug Hogue, Delone Carter, Andrew Tiller, Mike Williams and Art Jones. I think it is comparable when you consider the season count in Dino's case vs the others.
Lot of these guys were GROB recruits. In addition, you don't give Dino credit for the guys that played for him but recruited by previous coach like you did with Doug and Shafer. It's not really accurate

Absolutely. You tell them they have a chance to compete. Anyone worth having isn't scared of competition. As things shake out you have conversations about options. Then the ball is in their court. And you never know, the lower rated kid may come in with intangibles the others don't have and win the job. That happened at Georgia not long ago.
Ohio State has 5 top rated QBs going for the head spot some will obviously transfer or be moved. If you listen to Fran you know he is all about competition so I wouldn't be too worried

Ohio State has 5 top rated QBs going for the head spot some will obviously transfer or be moved. If you listen to Fran you know he is all about competition so I wouldn't be too worried
OSU has that every single year. Listen to the interview with McCord about his Freshman year.

Top players are not going to shy away from competition if it's a place they really want to be. And Fran is creating the culture where this will be a place where top players want to be.

And there's nothing wrong with recruiting a player to a position and giving them the opportunity to compete, when they are clearly translatable to other positions. We've seen this many times in the program over the years. Doug Hogue, Derrell Smith, Tebucky Jones, Kevin Johnson, Joe Fields, Erv Phillips, Villari most recently. And I'm sure I'm missing some.

OSU has that every single year. Listen to the interview with McCord about his Freshman year.

Top players are not going to shy away from competition if it's a place they really want to be. And Fran is creating the culture where this will be a place where top players want to be.

And there's nothing wrong with recruiting a player to a position and giving them the opportunity to compete, when they are clearly translatable to other positions. We've seen this many times in the program over the years. Doug Hogue, Derrell Smith, Tebucky Jones, Kevin Johnson, Joe Fields, Erv Phillips, Villari most recently. And I'm sure I'm missing some.

We can worry about it after we land him, but lets hope he's more KJ than Kenterius Womack.

Shhhh...
You're killing the narrative, what with your logic, perspective, and context.

Kenan Thompson No GIF by Saturday Night Live

Lot of these guys were GROB recruits. In addition, you don't give Dino credit for the guys that played for him but recruited by previous coach like you did with Doug and Shafer. It's not really accurate
I didn’t make the Dino list however as has been casually mentioned here before his best team was built with guys he never recruited like Dungy so folks can’t have it both ways. As for who recruited them that’s fine but Marrone/Shafer had to develop them … it’s merely an indictment of the talent we had under those tenures.

Which guys were not given credit for Dino that were in the league that he didn’t recruit but did develop? All that was stated was NFL guys he churned out … didn’t state they had to be recruited by him. He did have Franklyn for two years so ok .. add him to Dino so it’s one more for Dino … I will say I’m shocked Alton Robinson wasn’t mentioned for Dino as well. But let’s not diminish the talent we had the 7 years prior or the fact that some key contributors like Dungey or Strickland weren’t Dino recruits for his 10 win season. Cant have it both ways.

Yeah ur probably right. I just hesrd he looked really good and maybe it was the height coming to final choice. Either way turned out awesome.

Well, first it doesn't appear the new staff has re-offered him yet. Second, if his measurables are correct he doesn't fit the directions the rest of the team is going. And lastly, we just have better kids on the board at his position.
Oh, I didn't realize he hadn't been reoffered. I thought this was in the context that the staff was still recruiting him.

We can worry about it after we land him, but lets hope he's more KJ than Kenterius Womack.
Generally speaking, we're in April prior to signing day talking about a deep South kid who's labeled as an ATH at most of the recruiting sites and who's been pretty heavily recruited to this point vs being in February after signing day talking about a deep South kid who hadn't been offered by any other P4's. So that does build a little more confidence for me lol.

And on Womack - I don't think he ever surfaced anywhere after he left here. I could be wrong though.

Well, first it doesn't appear the new staff has re-offered him yet. Second, if his measurables are correct he doesn't fit the directions the rest of the team is going. And lastly, we just have better kids on the board at his position.
I was going off of the On3 entry, like I said I had no idea how accurate it is. Call a Qb, and he ends up Phil Nash, who was the other other Qb that got moved like Kevin Johnson