Class of 2018 QB Quincy Patterson II (IL) Verbal to Virginia Tech

rackman18

All Conference
I think they will take several QBs this cycle. The cupboard has to be stocked... too many things can happen.
I hear you but with how the talk that TD is the next thing better than sliced bread and then Culpepper in the fold not the mention our starter Dungey. I can't picture a quality QB with high 3*or a 4* would come here hearing basicly we are set for the next 3-4 years. If they are that quality they will want to go where they will start in a year or 2 at the most. They may take one, but I would be surprised if they will be that highly rated. jmo

CuseLegacy

I hear you but with how the talk that TD is the next thing better than sliced bread and then Culpepper in the fold not the mention our starter Dungey. I can't picture a quality QB with high 3*or a 4* would come here hearing basicly we are set for the next 3-4 years. If they are that quality they will want to go where they will start in a year or 2 at the most. They may take one, but I would be surprised if they will be that highly rated. jmo
If a player is really good he isn't afraid of competition. And just because a program has several QBs already on the roster doesn't mean they will all be successful.

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Quincy has visited a lot of schools (Northwestern, Illinois, Michigan St, NcState, VT, UNC, UVA) and I don't see that he has visited Syracuse...so my crystal ball says move on.

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy

Do you see what good programs do? They all bring in 1 or 2 highly regarded QBs every single year. Certainly don't get content with a starter that has missed as many games as he has played in 2 years, a former walk on and 2 guys that have never taken a snap. We're still a Dungey injury away from staring at another 3 win season.

721Comstock

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Rebounder
Do you see what good programs do? They all bring in 1 or 2 highly regarded QBs every single year. Certainly don't get content with a starter that has missed as many games as he has played in 2 years, a former walk on and 2 guys that have never taken a snap. We're still a Dungey injury away from staring at another 3 win season.

Good QB's have to WANT to play at Syracuse.
Same as for any good players.

It's irrelevant what WE want.
We can offer every 4* & 5* QB every year, but it doesn't matter, if none of them choose SU.

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Good QB's have to WANT to play at Syracuse.
Same as for any good players.

It's irrelevant what WE want.
We can offer every 4* & 5* QB every year, but it doesn't matter, if none of them choose SU.

Think you failed to read the majority of the thread otherwise you would understand this is in response to someone inferring that we don't need to go after qbs this year because we are all set at the position.

money3189

All American
lol VT already has a 4 star committed to this class and this is after snagging four star Hendon Hooker and a Juco QB last year. Then in 2016 they got Juco Jerod Evans along with Josh Jackson, who was highly recruited himself. Teams have to recruit the position well for various reasons. Vtech probably didn't expect Evans to leave after year 1. SU has to do the same. Every team have misses so you have to be prepared for that. Thats why you have to recruit aggressively every year. I will say this though, it is easier for the successful programs to recruit high level QB's each year. Alot of kids are willing to wait 2 or 3 years to play for a blue blood program.

Mareiniss

2nd String
I wonder if he is related to our former QB, Perry Patterson.

Maybe he'd be interested in SU if we offered him a job at the Y :)

mickbird44

Walk On
This guy has many positive attributes why did he just drop out of sight?
Is he in leaning somewhere else in the mid west?
I think he would have 3 years to play.

GoCuse14

Starter
This guy has many positive attributes why did he just drop out of sight?
Is he in leaning somewhere else in the mid west?
I think he would have 3 years to play.
I believe he is going to NDSU

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom