qb rating did you know | Syracusefan.com

qb rating did you know

Millhouse

Living Legend
nassib 2011 64th nationally 129.91

yesterday 129.67

Yeah, I know it's USC. But last year USC was 102nd against the pass. i should change my name to cfbstatshouse

i'm happy with the offense. i'm happy with nassib. but i think we're going too crazy. throwing a lot gets you more yards. that's a good reason to throw a lot.

56 attempts a game, you better get a lot of yards!

we gotta run more the rest of the year and i suspect we will if we can stop falling so far behind

what does his 2011 rating have to do with anything?

yesterday 129.67

Yeah, I know it's USC. But last year USC was 102nd against the pass. i should change my name to cfbstatshouse

i'm happy with the offense. i'm happy with nassib. but i think we're going too crazy. throwing a lot gets you more yards. that's a good reason to throw a lot.

we gotta run more the rest of the year and i suspect we will if we can stop falling so far behind
What was his rating after the NW game?

what does his 2011 rating have to do with anything?
if we want to talk about how much better someone got, i think it's useful to look at games from less than a year ago

yesterday 129.67

I agree with the conclusion -- gotta be able to run and run effectively when it's all said and done. I also agree with the fact that USC has not exactly dominated defensively even with all the great teams they've had in recent years.

But pulling out a completely useless stat like QB rating makes no sense. Even you think nassib has at least been demonstrably better than last season so pointing out that he has the QB rating only underscores how useless a stat it is.

What was his rating after the NW game?
it was very good. 145. that would've been good for 27th in the country last year. nassib is 59th in the country so far this year.

i think this is an example of syracuse blinders. this is so stunning to us that when we even look at context, smart guys like dasher get mad

I agree with the conclusion -- gotta be able to run and run effectively when it's all said and done. I also agree with the fact that USC has not exactly dominated defensively even with all the great teams they've had in recent years.

But pulling out a completely useless stat like QB rating makes no sense. Even you think nassib has at least been demonstrably better than last season so pointing out that he has the QB rating only underscores how useless a stat it is.
top last 5 year were (sorry about extraneous junk in cut and paste, ignore it - qb rating is third from right),. the formula isn't that bad

1 Russell Wilson Wisconsin SR QB 14 309 225 72.8 3175 10.3 33 4 191.78 22.1 226.8
2 Robert Griffin III Baylor JR QB 13 402 291 72.4 4293 10.7 37 6 189.47 30.9 330.2
3 Kellen Moore Boise St SR QB 13 439 326 74.3 3800 8.7 43 9 175.19 33.8 292.3
4 Case Keenum Houston SR QB 14 603 428 71.0 5631 9.3 48 5 174.03 43.1 402.2
Andrew Luck

Nassib has a 139 rating so far overall. That would've been 39th at the end of 2011. I'll take it!

it was very good. 145. that would've been good for 27th in the country last year. nassib is 59th in the country so far this year.

i think this is an example of syracuse blinders. this is so stunning to us that when we even look at context, smart guys like dasher get mad

Geezus goodness...the offense had 95 plays in game one and had 27 first downs against the #2 in the country.

If you want context, use your eyes to see what's going on on the field versus the last couple years.

Geezus goodness...the offense had 95 plays in game one and had 27 first downs against the #2 in the country.

If you want context, use your eyes to see what's going on on the field versus the last couple years.
re read. syracuse blinders. it's not like i didn't see this criticism coming.

does the #2 team in the country have a good pass defense? maybe. they didn't in 2011.

nice try

re read. syracuse blinders. it's not like i didn't see this criticism coming.

does the #2 team in the country have a good pass defense? maybe. they didn't in 2011.

nice try

Is it Syracuse blinders? Or just excitement that are offense is actually potent again? Whereas you are seemingly going out of your way to say that Nassib (or the offense) isn't something to get so excited about.

Is it Syracuse blinders? Or just excitement that are offense is actually potent again? Whereas you are seemingly going out of your way to say that Nassib (or the offense) isn't something to get so excited about.
35 ppg is very good, much better than expected. 19th in the country last year. usc and NW were middle of the pack scoring defenses last year. 45th and 66th.

these numbers are all just plain old facts

35 ppg is very good, much better than expected. 19th in the country last year. usc and NW were middle of the pack scoring defenses last year. 45th and 66th.

these numbers are all just plain old facts

Facts sure. How much do they matter? Of all the data out there, which matters most? Hard to tell...but ask how much Giants fans give a that they were last in the league in rushing last year.

Facts sure. How much do they matter? Of all the data out there, which matters most? Hard to tell...but ask how much Giants fans give a that they were last in the league in rushing last year.
This is almost as good as rf bringing up 66 13

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Not sure why. I mean, that Giants number is a fact, right?

top last 5 year were (sorry about extraneous junk in cut and paste, ignore it - qb rating is third from right),. the formula isn't that bad

1 Russell Wilson Wisconsin SR QB 14 309 225 72.8 3175 10.3 33 4 191.78 22.1 226.8
2 Robert Griffin III Baylor JR QB 13 402 291 72.4 4293 10.7 37 6 189.47 30.9 330.2
3 Kellen Moore Boise St SR QB 13 439 326 74.3 3800 8.7 43 9 175.19 33.8 292.3
4 Case Keenum Houston SR QB 14 603 428 71.0 5631 9.3 48 5 174.03 43.1 402.2
Andrew Luck

Nassib has a 139 rating so far overall. That would've been 39th at the end of 2011. I'll take it!

Eh, I suppose this is a fair point. But it heavily weighs yards per attempt which is a stat that depends heavily on how good your receivers are and what type of offense you play in. Nassib is playing in an offense that inherently throws a lot of balls underneath. He doesn't have receivers that are making a ton of big plays nor an offensive line that is providing a big running game and drawing opposing defenses into the box, thus creating more space in the passing game.

So, while at the top it's a decent tool (though I'd suggest you could argue Keenum was every bit as good in his offense as Wilson was in his even though there is almost a 20-point split between them), it's flawed down in Nassib territory. The kid from FIU, Wesley Carroll, vs. Bridgewater, for example.

Bridgewater (132.4) threw 14 TDs/12 picks and was sacked 33 times in 296 attempts.

Carroll (131.8) threw the same number of TDs but just 4 picks (on 330 attempts) and was sacked 1/3 as much (12 times).

How are those two equal?

Not sure why. I mean, that Giants number is a fact, right?
Well you just further underscored how prevalent passing is which was my whole point about making sure to look at passing stats relative to what other teams do now, not what we used to do decades ago so thanks

Well you just further underscored how prevalent passing is which was my whole point about making sure to look at passing stats relative to what other teams do now, not what we used to do decades ago so thanks

So your whole point wasnt that Nassib isnt as good as we think he is. Or that we should only look at facts (like the Super Bowl champs being dead last in rushing) to determine true effectiveness.

My oh-so-foolish mistake. Carry on!

yesterday 129.67

Your position for ever is that Nassib is no good.

He's opened up the year against a team from the B10 and the Pac12, is there another team in the country that has opened up against two BCS teams? And he's put up HUGE numbers in both games.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say with the context you are trying to provide, but reality is he's a hell of a lot better than you have thought he could ever be.

Actually, you were the one who brought up 66-13. You did that to intentionally be dense about the comparison I was making between your assessment that Nassib is playing "ok" being indicative of sour grapes, the same way Butch Davis's comment that McNabb was "ok" was reflective of sour grapes.

Your position for ever is that Nassib is no good.

He's opened up the year against a team from the B10 and the Pac12, is there another team in the country that has opened up against two BCS teams? And he's put up HUGE numbers in both games.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say with the context you are trying to provide, but reality is he's a hell of a lot better than you have thought he could ever be.
I'm saying he was ok yesterday. 129. I am happy with ok

Actually, you were the one who brought up 66-13. You did that to intentionally be dense about the comparison I was making between your assessment that Nassib is playing "ok" being indicative of sour grapes, the same way Butch Davis's comment that McNabb was "ok" was reflective of sour grapes.
What game did Butch Davis say that? What was the score?

What game did Butch Davis say that? What was the score?

The observation was about his post-game comment, which was virtually identical to yours. You are inferring something that wasn't being implied about the context.

I'm saying he was ok yesterday. 129. I am happy with ok

Are you conceeding that you were wrong about him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom