Class of 2016 - QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

tumblr_m5zwfyWCQ81qaeptio4_500.gif
If Rex can bring the kind of performances that Diedrich Bader brings to the table, we'll be in very good shape.

Not to go off on a tangent - but Bader is freaking phenomenal on Veep, if any of you hasn't seen it. Funniest show on TV, and he steals every scene he's in.

While the way it was handled was disgusting, I dont have a problem with schools pulling schollies from kids who can't play and/or arent living up to expectations. Merit aid (essentially what an athletic scholarship is) is provided to students whose abilities are thought to enhance the greater college community (e.g. academic, artistic, service, athletic excellence). If a student's scholly is based on the ability to ball, they better be able to ball. Lot's of academic scholarships are tied to maintaining a certain GPA.
Would it be ok for an academic scholarship to be pulled if a kid sustained brain damage due to academic work, maybe a physics or chemistry experiment gone wrong? That's the proper analogy to pulling a scholarship from an athlete that sustains an injury doing exactly what he's told to do. It's especially unethical in a collision sport like football where injuries are expected.

Would it be ok for an academic scholarship to be pulled if a kid sustained brain damage due to academic work, maybe a physics or chemistry experiment gone wrong? That's the proper analogy to pulling a scholarship from an athlete that sustains an injury doing exactly what he's told to do. It's especially unethical in a collision sport like football where injuries are expected.
I think the NCAA has new rules in place that allow a School to petition for a medical waiver or something when this happens.

W
WE do the same no biggie...but now more importantly you don't down talk a recruit on blogs just because schools are recruiting them...everyone has dreams.
My self I keep the thoughts positive on all kids because in the end there is always a place for them to go and be happy
Honestly more of a dig at Urban than Rex, I like his tape and hope we get him.

I think the NCAA has new rules in place that allow a School to petition for a medical waiver or something when this happens.

The post you are responding was funny as hell as the whole SEC would be under a gov't emergency by the CDC if that would be true.

Which article? I'm just curious. Weird.
now that I am thinking a poster put it in an article as a comment i believe,but definetily at the .com site from the an article yesterday

now that I am thinking a poster put it in an article as a comment i believe,but definetily at the .com site from the an article yesterday
That would be me.:) Thought I'd share Bambrewer's nice work. It's nice to share.

Last edited:
Now let's hope that Rex commits next week and we get our momentum going, Rex then Robert's friends later in June! Maybe a few camp commits would be nice as well. It would be nice to have at least half the class in place by the end of June if we're shooting for 18 in this class.

Well, Neal isn't planning on deciding before the end of July.

I'd be surprised if we end June with more than, say, 6 or 7 commits at most, based on the slow and steady approach the staff is taking.

I have sustained several brain injuries reading some posters on this board. Wondering if I can retain Alsacs and file a lawsuit against them.

Wait a minute...Alsacs has his own personal disclaimer...

Well, Neal isn't planning on deciding before the end of July.

I'd be surprised if we end June with more than, say, 6 or 7 commits at most, based on the slow and steady approach the staff is taking.
It's a sharp contrast to last years attempt to get kids committed ASAP.

We need to get something rolling here soon. Hopefully Rex gets us moving forwards a bit.

Article is from last year, but hey it's something that gives hope.

2016 QB Rex Culpepper receives high praise

Tampa (Fla.) Plant head coach Robert Weiner is one of the top high school coaches in Florida and has had his share of top quarterbacks. From Robert Marve, who played at Miami and Purdue, to draft hopeful Aaron Murray, who was a record setting quarterback at Georgia, Weiner has had his fair share of talented quarterbacks.

Weiner, who was in attendance as a spectator, said that his junior-to-be quarterback, Rex Culpepper, might end up better than all of them.

“Those guys were great obviously,” Weiner said. “But at this stage in their careers, he is just as good if not better than all of those guys. He has a lot of talent.”

Not only does Culpepper have one of the best offensive coaches in the state coaching him, his father, Brad Culpepper, is a former NFL defensive lineman and a former contestant on the television show "Survivor."

"My dad is full of advice, not so much on mechanics because he was a D-linemen, but he just likes to tell me all the smart handsome guys play with their hands in the dirt,” Culpepper joked. “But from the standpoint of attitude and how I should lead my team, dad is right there for me all the time, he always gives me great advice for that kind of stuff since he’s been through all the levels.”

As for recruiting, Culpepper is in no rush to make a decision and only has one offer, from Ole Miss, at this time. He has, however, taken multiple visits recently and will take more in the near future.

"I already visited North Carolina because my grandparents have a farm up there, then we visited Tennessee, Clemson and Wake Forest and tomorrow we’re going to visit Georgia,” he said, “and then the weekend after that we are going to visit Toledo, Ohio State, Notre Dame and Michigan, so we’re pretty packed.”

This kid looks like a stud to me. I'm really hoping the family is impressed enough to verbal on the spot during visit

The interesting thing to note in that article is that Shafer is open to bringing in 2 QBs this cycle.
Not reading into one line too much but it almost sounds like the second guy could be a fifth year or JUCCO if the staff doesn't feel anyone is ready to start in 2016.