Class of 2016 - QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Rex Culpepper (FL) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

ESPNU ticker had the Culpepper to SU bottom line. It said he was 3 stars with offers from Utah, Cincinnati, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Virginia Tech. So that was a great commit.
Here's another point: even if the Florida and Ohio State offers were not committable, that's STILL a good offer sheet. Ole Miss and Mississippi State were both ranked #1 last year, and Virginia Tech is Virginia Tech. Utah generally knows QBs.

I think Jekel mentioned it yesterday but it was really eye opening and a huge deal that his coach, Weiner, came with him on the visit, Plus he committed. This speaks volumes as Weiner is a highly respected HS football coach in Florida and runs a powerhouse program. 2 things, you'd have to imagine Weiner signed off on the offense and the fact that the guy got the up close and personal tour of SU means that he'll support us in Plant HS when we come calling for future recruits.

Last edited:
I think Jekel mentioned it yesterday but it was really eye opening and a huge deal that his coach, Weiner, came with him Plus he committed. This speaks volumes as Weiner is a highly respected HS football coach in Florida and runs a powerhouse program. 2 things, you'd have to imagine Weiner signed off on the offense and the fact that the guy got the up close and personal tour of SU means that he'll support us in Plant HS when we come calling for future recruits.
Yep - that's a huge plus. I don't think I was the one who mentioned it, but then again I was probably drunk so who knows what I got up to yesterday.

But having the head coach at a powerhouse football factory like Plant make the trip, meet the coaches, and tour the facilities is big. He can speak first hand about what Syracuse has to offer from here on out.

They already downgraded him from the 12th best QB to 15th best not too long ago. Right around the time he started getting serious about SU, if I'm not mistaken.

I may be wrong, but I swear he was 3star 5.7 when I looked last week?

Are there any Survivor fans here? Both of Rex's parents, Brad, and Monica (who went on the following season of Survivor and made it to final 3) were on Survivor One world. Let's just say they are both (especially Brad), very charismatic.

I think Jekel mentioned it yesterday but it was really eye opening and a huge deal that his coach, Weiner, came with him Plus he committed. This speaks volumes as Weiner is a highly respected HS football coach in Florida and runs a powerhouse program. 2 things, you'd have to imagine Weiner signed off on the offense and the fact that the guy got the up close and personal tour of SU means that he'll support us in Plant HS when we come calling for future recruits.
That could pay huge dividends down the road. If we get Scoop Bradshaw as well that would be awesome to start a connection w Plant HS.

I may be wrong, but I swear he was 3star 5.7 when I looked last week?

Are there any Survivor fans here? Both of Rex's parents, Brad, and Monica (who went on the following season of Survivor and made it to final 3) were on Survivor One world. Let's just say they are both (especially Brad), very charismatic.
Monica was on One World, Brad joined her the second time she was on, which was Blood vs. Water.

Yes, I'm a fan. ;)

Lester is tight with Weiner. Persistence paid off big-time here.

I am sure that thought crossed our minds as well...I was thinking the coach was coming as scoop's guardian of some type. Which is a great thing if that was the reason,the guy cares for his players

Monica was on One World, Brad joined her the second time she was on, which was Blood vs. Water.

Yes, I'm a fan. ;)

Out of 460 total Survivor contestants, I've only met 4.

Sean Kenniff
Jenna Morasca
Rupert Boneham
Eliza Orlins.

I trust you can get the Culpeppers up to one of our tailgates. ;)

To scare them away?:)

Um no .. it means give in and join ... ignore the haze and confusion .. you belong here no matter what others tell you. Football as a culture is all about RAP or hard rock ... sorry but Mick Jagger and "Start it up" for the last 30 years before a game doesn't really do it for me.

I find Making the movies the hardest part is picking the music. Something kids will like but not to over the top. Something that fits the film but keeps you entertained. I prefer the trailer ones they don't have sound tracks

I find Making the movies the hardest part is picking the music. Something kids will like but not to over the top. Something that fits the film but keeps you entertained. I prefer the trailer ones they don't have sound tracks

True enough however picking songs that kids know and can related to is also a great way to get attention. Hell these kids are always sticking their headphones on and listening to ipods or MTV or pandora or ... well you get the point.

True enough however picking songs that kids know and can related to is also a great way to get attention. Hell these kids are always sticking their headphones on and listening to ipods or MTV or pandora or ... well you get the point.
Exactly you want something they will want their name on but figuring out what they like is hard. Shy hates metal loves rap but who knows what the next kid has On that headset

Exactly you want something they will want their name on but figuring out what they like is hard. Shy hates metal loves rap but who knows what the next kid has On that headset

Get jekelish to do an interview and get to the bottom of these details ... we need answers damn it! Recruiting is a science we need field research :)

I happen to work with one of the cast members that competed against the Culpeppers on that particular season of Survivor. Today I mentioned to my coworker that their son had committed to play quarterback at Syracuse and that I was excited for him to be a part of the program. She immediately texted Monica and they had been texting back and forth all morning basically reiterating everything we've heard so far: they are extremely excited for Rex to be heading to Syracuse; they absolutely loved the visit; and they can't wait to spend more time at 5th largest mall in the US haha! My coworker kept saying how great a couple they are, so I think we can all be fortunate that we have a great family being added to the program as well as (hopefully) our next great QB.

Edit: Oh and apparently the casting director for Survivor is a Syracuse grad and had told them how much she loved her time at Cuse. Not sure if that was before or after the commitment, but hey, maybe that helped with all of their excitement.