QB Ryan Buchanan | Syracusefan.com

QB Ryan Buchanan

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Syracuse was the FIRST school to offer the Jackson, Mississippi QB. Kid now has offers from:

Florida
Arkansas
Auburn
Mississippi
Mississippi State
Oklahoma State
Southern Miss

Syracuse

I don’t think there is any question our staff can identify talent.

I'll save everyone the suspense. No matter what is written or said he is not coming to SU.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Jackson (Miss.) Prep quarterback Ryan Buchanan visited Gainesville on Friday and came away impressed.

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, the visit to Florida’s campus received a high mark.

“I would say this was a 9.5 or 10,” Buchanan said. “Me and my family loved it all. We were impressed from start to finish. It just went great.”
Florida has been looking for a top quarterback for this year’s class, so the Gators gave the 6-foot-3, 210-pound Buchanan the red-carpet treatment.
“Coach (Will) Muschamp and coach (Brent) Pease were with me pretty much the whole visit,” Buchanan said. “Most places you go, you only see the head coach once or twice, but not here.
“It showed how much they wanted me.”
The Jackson Prep prospect liked what he saw and heard from Pease, the Gators’ first-year offensive coordinator.
“I was the most impressed by coach Pease,” Buchanan said. “I was with him all day, just talking about the offense and stuff. I really like the offense. It is pretty much the same as my high school offense because we are about 50/50 on run to pass. I think the offense would fit me well.”
Buchanan admitted he thought about pulling the trigger on his verbal commitment a few times while in Gainesville, but did not.
Instead, he will return home to talk with his head coach at Jackson Prep. He still may keep a scheduled visit to Ole Miss and possibly even a few other schools.
“I did think about it,” Buchanan said. “But I want to talk things over and see how feel once I leave Gainesville and make sure I’m not just committing because I’m high off of the visit. We’ll talk about where I feel the most comfortable at and just compare the schools.
“I will probably visit Ole Miss next weekend as that was the plan. I may or may not visit Tennessee and Oklahoma State.”
Buchanan said distance was not a factor in his decision, which he hopes to announce in the next two or three weeks.
You might like:
  • Bailey switches commitment to UF

Good news for those of us that still want Tim Boyle. If Buchanan commits to UF, Boyle might still come here.

Good news for those of us that still want Tim Boyle. If Buchanan commits to UF, Boyle might still come here.

Since Boyle is visiting UF this weekend, and considering that B and B are basically their last two options for QB, he'll probably get the same red carpet treatment. I think that Buchanan, being a Mississipi boy, will commit to Ole Miss. In the end it will come down to who pulls the trigger first.

Not to be an "I told you so" but Buchanan commits to Ole Miss. Leaving the Gators still without a QB commit for 2013.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom