Class of 2025 - QB Stone Saunders (PA) Verbal to Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 QB Stone Saunders (PA) Verbal to Kentucky

With a name like that, he should be playing LAX for Hopkins.
Not bad for football either.

Stone Saunders
Bishop McDevitt, Harrisburg, PA 2025

Pro style QB 6' 2" 200.

Freshman Stats: 146 - 230, 3037 YDS, 46 TDS, 5 INT - 216 Y/G, 3.3 TD/G

Throws with great arm motion, releases ball quickly.
Steps up in pocket, smooth transition. Uses legs well in pocket and to emphasize throws. Great peripheral vision.
Solid arm strength translating to a gun for a freshman in HS.
Accurate, hits a group of very good receivers at McDevitt in stride on long throws. On slants across the middle or quick outs the ball is thrown very hard and all throws are tight spirals.
Nice touch on throws to back of end zone and sideline.
High FB IQ.
Easily throws ball consistently 40 - 45 yards on go routes for TD's.

>In watching 20 minutes of film saw him run once for five yards. His strength is his arm - not a dual threat.<

Offers so far: TXA&M, PITT, MI, UMD, LOU, SU, MINN, KENTST, UCONN, BG, AKRON

Father is the Strength & Conditioning Coach for the Ravens.

Last edited:
Offers from Michigan, UMD, Kent St, Pitt, UConn, BGSU, Minnesota, Akron, TAMU, Louisville, Syracuse
In going through players we’ve offered this week and last, I have seen many Edge players and LB’s who are NFL size now. I thought I’d apply them to a post I made last night about the freshman QB who has had great success throwing the ball and I wish him well. But, looking at some of our offers I can’t help but feel if you do not have legs as a QB which helps you get out of difficult situations you are going to meet up with some “rising,” determined defensive players who are not going to let you throw the ball.

I thought I’d post again about this kid with the cool name. Many schools want him because of his arm. However, unless he has a very effective OLine who will protect him, he will have trouble. Kind of like DeVito, who could throw, but w/o people in front of him he’d get sacked every throw if he did not have a receiver open immediately and even then he hesitated on a read instead of getting rid of the ball.

The only difference is, at least TD could run, (a bit), – this kid showed no ability at all to get out of a chasing DLines, LB’s/Edge’s way and run with the ball due to his receivers running great routes and his line blocking for him.

I don’t know who or what the competition level was in the film but these days you have kids playing LB or EDGE who are or are almost NFL size in HS. They are 6’ 2” 245 and run a 4.6 – 4.7 40. No way a guard or tackle is going to keep a player like that who is angry out of the backfield.

It will be interesting to see how well he does throughout his HS career. Maybe he’s hiding his speed and runs a 4.0 40 – but I did not see him run but one time and he struggled for a few yards then got crushed. I hope his blockers are freshmen, made of steel, so he stays upright in HS.

A QB who is not mobile, who can't get out of the way and make a lot of yards on his own is, IMO, these days in trouble. You almost have to be a dual threat to be successful and run for nearly as many TDS as you throw for.

STONE SAUNDERS 2025 BISHOP McDEVITT HS, HARRISBURG, PA
# 8 QB 6' 2" 200, SOPH STATS: STATE CHAMPIONS, 195-284 3583YDS, 54 TDS 68.7% COMP
4A PA PLAYER OF THE YEAR, 4A FIRST TEAM ALL STATE MAX PREPS ALL AMERICAN

Fj9kKnKWAAIlMS3

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

HIGH FOOTBALL IQ
PRO-STYLE QB BUT CAN, IF PRESSURED, GET OUT OF TROUBLE AND GAIN POSITIVE YDS
THROWS WITH GREAT ARM MOTION RELEASES BALL VERY QUICKLY
STEPS UP IN POCKET - GOOD FOOTWORK IN POCKET TO EMPHASIZE THROWS
GREAT PERIPHERAL VISION
SOLID ARM STRENGTH
ACCURATE - HITS RECEIVERS IN STRIDE ON LONG THROWS
PLACES BALL THROUGH TIGHT WINDOWS TO HIS WR'S
ON SLANTS ACROSS THE MIDDLE OR QUICK OUTS THROWS BALL VERY HARD, TIGHT SPIRALS
NICE TOUCH ON BALL THROWN TO SIDELINE AND END ZONE
EASILY THROWS CONSISTENTLY 40 - 60 YDS

GREAT OFFER

https://twitter.com/Stone_Saunders8

Last edited:
So Stone was offered last year so is/has been on Becks radar but with the loss of LaNorris, it’s going to be really interesting to see how Beck pursues his next target(s). Meaning I could see him go portal for another QB like CDRW and do that in alternating cycles or go high school.

This has PSU, OSU, UM written all over it. Great player, but I doubt we even get a visit.

Dad is a Central PA native who went to Millersville and is now is employed in the Strength area by the Ravens. I'd be very surprised if Stone wasn't a life long PSU fan. But other big time QBs from that area have gone to Pitt, MSU, Michy, Notre Dame and really, NIL rules the day anyway.

Send him hand written notes every single day. Show him he’s our number one target.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom