Qb strategy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Qb strategy

It's not an either/or situation. You try to recruit the best high school players you can. If you can get some transfers that are better, you take them. If you get high level high school talent, you don't need the transfers. We shouldn't close any doors.

I almost choked when I heard they had to give Rex the majority of snaps in practice to “get him ready.” Are you kidding? He has been on campus just as long as Dino. If he wasn’t ready he will never be. Anyone know if Gunther was really going to be the #2?

I almost choked when I heard they had to give Rex the majority of snaps in practice to “get him ready.” Are you kidding? He has been on campus just as long as Dino. If he wasn’t ready he will never be. Anyone know if Gunther was really going to be the #2?

This. If our system is that had to learn, then we have a problem with the system. Or possibly the coaches who can’t seem to teach it. I can live with a freshmen not being ready but as a sophomore, you darn well better be able to execute at least 75% of the playbook. Enough to be effective.

Seeing the success of other programs with transfer qbs(eg Liberty, BC); should we focus less on high school qbs, and more on recruiting kids at powerhouses that want a fresh start? The analogy I think of is buying a car. Better to buy a brand new Hyundai or Honda, or go with a certified used Mercedes or BMW?

Most schools do not go the transfer route to fill a gap. If it wasn't for nepotism, Liberty's QB should be the starter at Auburn right now and is arguably one of the more underrated guys at his position in the nation. The reactionary threads like this aren't healthy.