QB Todd Porter | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

QB Todd Porter

I REALLY like this kid. He does throw a very nice ball, is composed in the pocket and runs very well. I'm guessing a classic under the radar kid to explain the lack of offers? The other thought is always grades but why make an offer to a known non qualifier this late so I doubt it's that. I hope we land this kid.

I'm not sold on Wilson. When you watch his highlight tape he never really guns it into his WR's. Maybe he just chooses not to throw it very hard but just from watching his tape I would like a QB with a stronger arm. This is an important year for a QB, especially if Loeb gets the start next year. So we cant settle on Wilson.

I'm not sold on Wilson. When you watch his highlight tape he never really guns it into his WR's. Maybe he just chooses not to throw it very hard but just from watching his tape I would like a QB with a stronger arm. This is an important year for a QB, especially if Loeb gets the start next year. So we cant settle on Wilson.

Wilson isn't the slinger nassib was, but he is supposed to be deadly accurate. i really like wilson and has the body to come in and play right away. he is more physically ready then that other guy we had committed was

I hear you... some have made the comment that we should skip the QB offer this year if we can't get exactly who we want.

...then there is the issue of doing that and running into depth problems if kids failout/transfer, our starting QB gets hurt in the future or a combination of both.

Depth is important... it took us almost 3 years to dig out of the depth compounded with injury issues with Dougie, let's not forget...

Hopefully, we'll have a lot less mass exodous or strongarmed schollie pulls that we had with Dougie since their should be less of a transiition with Shafe...

You think Shafer is going to ask anyone to leave the program?

As for the low numbers, it's turning over the roster. Short term pain for long term gain. It helped accelerate the improvement in the program.

Let me see, didn't we get another QB from IL years ago that only had 2 offers? I think he wore #5.

You think Shafer is going to ask anyone to leave the program?

As for the low numbers, it's turning over the roster. Short term pain for long term gain. It helped accelerate the improvement in the program.

I highly doubt it... Dougie had to throw out some old eggs and get some new eggs to get the omlette in the pan 5 years ago...

We already have the omlette now and it's more a question what additional ingredients to throw on top before the cheese-and-fold...

Porter looks like a good athlete with good size, too, so if he doesn't work out at QB he can go the Joe Fields route & play safety.

Every time Wilson's name comes up, I always feel like I have to warn that when you watch Wilson's tapes please keep in mind that he is not really playing against anyone. I do like his skill set and his size, and would love to see him succeed. Wishing him the best!

It's just really tough to gauge how it's going to translate against such a huge jump in level of competition. It was easier for me to jump on the hype of Zach Allen because he was doing what he was doing against some of the best in Texas.

Reactions: 007
His video looks decent. Makes some nice throws but also displays good arm strength on those out throws to the sideline. Just sort of flicks the ball up there on one throw and it goes 45 yards.

Wilson isn't the slinger nassib was, but he is supposed to be deadly accurate. i really like wilson and has the body to come in and play right away. he is more physically ready then that other guy we had committed was

Sure maybe he is accurate but it doesn't matter how accurate you are when the ball cant get there in time. And as for being physically ready having a strong arm falls into that and IMHO I just don't see it. I very well could be eating my words and I hope I do but Wilson worries me.

Wilson is likely 17 years old. He'll have a few years in S&C to get stronger and get proper QB coaching etc. to improve his game.

Saw this kid play and he is the real deal. Recruiting in IL picking up with Coach Lester.

Hayes said a qb committed, and he thought it was porter. not sure if hayes had him confused with someone else? maybe cooper?