Class of 2016 - QB Zack Weatherly (TN) UTC Verbal | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB Zack Weatherly (TN) UTC Verbal

Easy to see why Lester likes this guy. Has a lot of the same characteristics that Dungey showed on his senior tape. Very mobile and can run the option well. He steps into his throws rather nicely. I really liked the play where he hung in the pocket, took a pretty big hit, but delivered a great pass with the flick of his wrist across the field. He's much better than UTC in my opinion.

Easy to see why Lester likes this guy. Has a lot of the same characteristics that Dungey showed on his senior tape. Very mobile and can run the option well. He steps into his throws rather nicely. I really liked the play where he hung in the pocket, took a pretty big hit, but delivered a great pass with the flick of his wrist across the field. He's much better than UTC in my opinion.
Agreed. When I first watched his tape I was stunned to see how little interest he's getting. He's put up really strong numbers, too. 29/3 TD/INT ratio as a junior. His dad, in addition to being a singer/songwriter, was also a QB at Ole Miss. Have to wonder if they came calling whether that would be where he ultimately winds up, of course.

Agreed. When I first watched his tape I was stunned to see how little interest he's getting. He's put up really strong numbers, too. 29/3 TD/INT ratio as a junior. His dad, in addition to being a singer/songwriter, was also a QB at Ole Miss. Have to wonder if they came calling whether that would be where he ultimately winds up, of course.

Would pretty sweet to have to SEC legacy recruits at QB for the cuse tho :)

Wasn't Long's numbers 37/1 as a Jr. in PA.

Love his film -- great fit for Lester's system.

Here's my 2 cents as to lack of bigger offers thus far (all overrated IMO):

- Competition looks pretty weak IMO. Lots of small kids running around out there.
- He doesn't look like the biggest kid in the world either. Probably 6 foot ish 180.
- Arm strength isn't a detriment by any means, but I wouldn't confuse him with Joe Flacco either.

I hope several schools pass on him, because he would look good in Orange.

Love his film -- great fit for Lester's system.

Here's my 2 cents as to lack of bigger offers thus far (all overrated IMO):

- Competition looks pretty weak IMO. Lots of small kids running around out there.
- He doesn't look like the biggest kid in the world either. Probably 6 foot ish 180.
- Arm strength isn't a detriment by any means, but I wouldn't confuse him with Joe Flacco either.

I hope several schools pass on him, because he would look good in Orange.

Good eye. Hudl profile says 6'2 180

Good eye. Hudl profile says 6'2 180
Which probably means 6-0, 175. I figure the same things as CIL: small stature plus weak competition = lack of more interest.

Well, I had originally been planning on sending this out last night with the headline "receives offer" but obviously, there's been no offer yet. Oh well, here she goes, slightly altered:

Is he the back up plan if they can't get David Moore to flip?

I could see a scenario where he's a preferred walk-on. Not sure a 6-0 QB with his competition will ever get a P5 scholarship offer, but if he wants to give it a shot at a P5 school we can show him film on a guy that's around his height and weight that fit in perfectly and (could) earn a scholarship.

I could see a scenario where he's a preferred walk-on. Not sure a 6-0 QB with his competition will ever get a P5 scholarship offer, but if he wants to give it a shot at a P5 school we can show him film on a guy that's around his height and weight that fit in perfectly and (could) earn a scholarship.
Did you see AJ Long's tape?

CuseNation.5m5 minutes ago
Syracuse wants another QB in their 2016 class and watched an athletic, accurate passing prospect yesterday:

To the point, I like this kid ALOT... as far as potential.

Maybe it's just me, but What is UTC?