QBs we've beaten up over the years | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

QBs we've beaten up over the years

geno.jpg

And the 2nd Pinstripe Bowl.

That was the third one actually. Geno didn't play much as a freshman and then he started for 3 years and we beat him down each of those years, the final of which was the Pinstripe because WVU had already left for the BIG12

There was a TV shot of him on the sideline and I've never seen a QB so physically and mentally beaten.
Chandler.jpg
Francois looked pretty bad. He wouldn't even let his own guys help him up.

My favorite is in 2001 against auburn in the dome. It’s just after 9/11. Flags on all the seats. Auburn knows about Freeney and they have planned for it. Their QB buys steaks for the OL if he doesn’t get sacked. First snap of the game, Freeney blows around the OT and puts the Auburn QB on his cornhole. Flag on the play. But still...

That was future NFLer Jason Campbell who didn't lose a game his last year at Auburn. Freeney singlehandely won that game with two strip sacks. They outgained us by a bunch.

That was future NFLer Jason Campbell who didn't lose a game his last year at Auburn. Freeney singlehandely won that game with two strip sacks. They outgained us by a bunch.
I believe we were outgained on the year too. How many 10 win teams can say that?

The 5 Toughest Guys I've Ever Faced | By Dwight Freeney

Freeney talking about the Vick game here. Remember still being in high school and stealing a hokies magnet off a car in the parking garage and it being around for a few years after. Idiot kids.
Cool article. Doesn’t this part sound a little bit like someone we know?

The difference is that hitting Steve McNair felt like hitting a sack of bricks. He didn’t go down easy. He wanted to be the one who delivered the blow.​
How many times have you seen a quarterback put his body on the line like this?​
That’s how Steve played. And he might not look that big on film … but at 6′ 2″ and 230 pounds or whatever, he was about as big as some of the dudes who were trying to tackle him.​

If you're talking mano a mano poundings - you have Freeney's 4.5 sacks on Michael Vick.

too bad Nunes and the twins F'ed that game up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom