Quad before a Noon game | Syracusefan.com

Quad before a Noon game

HRE Otto IV

Hall of Fame
Do they have breakfast and caffe corretto for an early game or just your normal food trucks and drink options? Are the food options up and running at 9?

I don't remember anything good in the quad unless you pay ahead for some tailgate special that is university sponsored. My sister and cousin with neice/cousins went through there and said the usual stuff for kids etc was not there anymore. When do they have food trucks? Honestly the last I went through the quad is when I didn't go to the tailgate over in West about 6+ years ago.

IDK, but there's a local food truck, Hughie's House of Hotcakes, that makes pancakes (big surprise) that the Uni NEEDS to get up there for noon kickoffs. I demand hotcakes to go along with my Meier's Creek NIL pilsner!

I don't remember anything good in the quad unless you pay ahead for some tailgate special that is university sponsored. My sister and cousin with neice/cousins went through there and said the usual stuff for kids etc was not there anymore. When do they have food trucks? Honestly the last I went through the quad is when I didn't go to the tailgate over in West about 6+ years ago.

Kids activities and toss and fire food truck were up on the quad last Friday

Kids activities and toss and fire food truck were up on the quad last Friday
It's awesome they were doing that. The opening Ohio day was when there was nothing, but it was partly raining too. They need to keep that up. I've heard some comments that it turned into a pay event on the quad or have to have sponsors etc.

It's awesome they were doing that. The opening Ohio day was when there was nothing, but it was partly raining too. They need to keep that up. I've heard some comments that it turned into a pay event on the quad or have to have sponsors etc.

I mean they have a huge tent selling beer, soda, food etc with a bunch of cocktail tables that’s open for the public.

They do have a CAF tent as well but that’s not anything new as that’s been there the entire time.

I would say if anything, the quad is less of a pay event then it has ever been.

They have athletes available thru NIL for autograph signings.

They have photo ops with the mannequin wearing the jersey for the game.

A bunch of games available for free such as cornhole, large jenga, a football toss game just to name a few.

On top of that you have the quad walk, the band playing etc

It’s actually a really cool setting. If I wasn’t so involved in the tailgate I probably would go up there pregame for a game or two.

I mean they have a huge tent selling beer, soda, food etc with a bunch of cocktail tables that’s open for the public.

They do have a CAF tent as well but that’s not anything new as that’s been there the entire time.

I would say if anything, the quad is less of a pay event then it has ever been.

They have athletes available thru NIL for autograph signings.

They have photo ops with the mannequin wearing the jersey for the game.

A bunch of games available for free such as cornhole, large jenga, a football toss game just to name a few.

On top of that you have the quad walk, the band playing etc

It’s actually a really cool setting. If I wasn’t so involved in the tailgate I probably would go up there pregame for a game or two.
Thats cool. I tried going up there for Ohio cuz I had family but it seemed dead. Maybe it was the timing. I don't have to do that often though as they don't come much. I think we got there sorta late, but were in time for the band, missed the quad walk which of course is new and cool. I was there for the spring game walk.

You can always just buy a coffee and bagel on the way to the game then sit in the steps of Hendricks Chapel and take it all in.

What I'd give for a bagel with cream cheese from the Ziggy Wagon that used to park outside Watson Hall.
I think now you can only get a license plate.

You can always just buy a coffee and bagel on the way to the game then sit in the steps of Hendricks Chapel and take it all in.

That would be an excellent spot to watch the band from - you’d be so close, you’d feel like you were actually a member of the marching band!

Do they have breakfast and caffe corretto for an early game or just your normal food trucks and drink options? Are the food options up and running at 9?
Whatever cafe corretto is, sounds like you may find that at some bistro in manlius

Espresso at Salt City coffee. Bring your own Sambuca. Voilà.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom