Quadrant 1 wins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quadrant 1 wins

I also think that the ranking should be based on where they were when you played them.

What happens if a great team you beat, suddenly loses a star and plummets later in the season? Why should you lose a Q1 win? Similar. A team without a star you beat, gets him back and suddenly becomes elite. Thats a bogus Q1 win.

Yeah but Duke was a preseason top whatever team, beat them in week 1 and realize later on that they stink...

I think the committee needs to just dive deeper into rankings and all of that. Feel good as an SU fan today. Will feel better when Butler whomps Xavier

The fact that our win against North Carolina St. (13-10, 9-8), the 9 seed in the ACC Tournament, is a quad 1 win and our win against Virginia Tech (15-5, 9-4), the number 3 seed in the tournament, is a quad 2 win tells you all you need to know about this incredibly flawed system.

Well 1-6 is worse than all of the teams you listed there so not sure what you're tryin to show us that is a good thing.
I will say that JB has a great point! Every single one of our quad 1 games have been on the road. All of our quad 1 games at home were cancelled. Out of that list, how many of those teams have quad 1 road wins vs all there wins at home?

Here's my issue with the NET rankings, especially this year.

A Q1 win is -30, N1-50, or A1-75

That is based on the NET. We are in TOURNAMENT week, and Colgate is #8. They have played 3 teams this year.

So if we played Colgate pre ACCT, it would have been our biggest win of the season... come on lol
I wonder where Colgate falls if they lost to SU..

I think we are in after the win today. The knock being used against us by Lunardi and others is lack of Quad 1 wins. It's inconsistent with how they are viewing other bubble teams. A comparison vs Quad 1

• Cuse 1-6
  • Drake 1-2
  • Xavier 1-2
  • Louisville 1-5
  • UNC 2-8
  • UCLA 2-6
  • Colorado State 2-3
  • Boise State 2-4
  • St. Louis 2-2
  • VCU 2-4
  • Georgia Tech 2-6
I mean, 14.3% is the lowest win percentage of any team on that list...

I think, over the last 8 games, that this SU team can beat just about anybody and is playing like an NCAA tourney team. The problem is that the condensed season makes it that much harder to overcome the rough start.

I think we are in after the win today. The knock being used against us by Lunardi and others is lack of Quad 1 wins. It's inconsistent with how they are viewing other bubble teams. A comparison vs Quad 1

• Cuse 1-6
  • Drake 1-2
  • Xavier 1-2
  • Louisville 1-5
  • UNC 2-8
  • UCLA 2-6
  • Colorado State 2-3
  • Boise State 2-4
  • St. Louis 2-2
  • VCU 2-4
  • Georgia Tech 2-6

So... in light of this, why is it only being brought up in relation to our "resume" profile?

And is it not as big of a deal as the studio announcers are making it out to be? If numerous other teams are in the same boat, then it probably isn't a negative differentiator.

Look at 7th in the Big 12, 9-10 in the acc, and 9-10 in the big 10.
Then look at 5th-6th in the pac12 or 5th-6th in the sec. It's clear this tier system is a mess.

Clemson beat the best team in the sec on the road giving them only 56. They wouldn't do that against BC wake or miami on the road or neutral.

ucla's beat Marquette at home and Arizona twice their best wins. imo, with marquette being= to nc on the road, those are no better than our 3 ncstate wins. They play tomorrow.
Funny you say that, I keep getting this sense that we are going to play UCLA.

But we have two home games against Louisville and Florida State cancelled. If we won one of the two, which is very likely because of our good record at home this year, we would be 2-7. Not the worst of the bunch.

Louisville wouldnt be a Q1 win at home.

Also, to be fair, our good home record is at least partly related to the fact that we didnt play a lot of good teams at home.

So they only have 3 teams left to knockout ?
no thats for at large spots only aq teams that are already in the field or win there tournament add additional slots for at larges

So they only have 3 teams left to knockout ?

There are 31 AQ's this year (minus the Ivys)

37 at large slots.

Sounds like they've locked in 25 of the 37. The rest of us are fighting for the last 12.

I mean, 14.3% is the lowest win percentage of any team on that list...
My guess is we are the only team that played every one of their quad one games on the road. The committee must take this into account.

There are 31 AQ's this year (minus the Ivys)

37 at large slots.

Sounds like they've locked in 25 of the 37. The rest of us are fighting for the last 12.
So we just have to be in the 12 of the 21 that are still left

We might not have a single Q1 win tomorrow morning if State drops 8 spots lol
I posted this in another thread, but as I expect, and someone else correctly pointed out, it would be difficult for NC St to drop 8 spots after taking a Q1 loss (we are a Q1 team to NC St on a neutral court).

I'm just not totally sure, given I don't know the exact NET ranking formula.

I posted this in another thread, but as I expect, and someone else correctly pointed out, it would be difficult for NC St to drop 8 spots after taking a Q1 loss (we are a Q1 team to NC St on a neutral court).

I'm just not totally sure, given I don't know the exact NET ranking formula.
I’m hoping they don’t drop more than a couple spots. They might because it’s a blowout and efficiency numbers play a small part in the formula but like you said I don’t know exactly how it’s calculated.

Just have to cross our fingers that there aren’t many teams in the 70-85 range who go on a run this weekend.

I think that if UL loses today we replace them. The only thing they have on us is they beat Seton Hall early on and they won at Duke. We played more games and won our ACCT game. So if they lose today I think we flip. That puts us in a much stronger position and somewhat reduces the stress of tomorrow. We win tomorrow and it's not even a question whether we are in.

I think that if UL loses today we replace them. The only thing they have on us is they beat Seton Hall early on and they won at Duke. We played more games and won our ACCT game. So if they lose today I think we flip. That puts us in a much stronger position and somewhat reduces the stress of tomorrow. We win tomorrow and it's not even a question whether we are in.

Root against Llvll? I think we can swing that!!

Ville has georgia tech win at home and vt by 2 at home duke x2 seton (13-12 on the season) is where they are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom