Quality Road Win, But I’m Sick of the Damn Bubble... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quality Road Win, But I’m Sick of the Damn Bubble...

I think we beat UNC at home.

Living in Charlotte, there is no one I'd rather beat than UNC. I took so much smack from my Heels friends when they beat us in the Final Four two years ago. AND they won't admit their infractions weren't worse than ours either. I hope we mop the floor with them.

Nice rebound game. I thought Louisville 's defensive game plan was downright stupid but I'm glad because it made it possible to get this much needed win. Way to go 'Cuse!

The only game left we will be a big underdog in is at Duke. All the other games are winnable.

I agree they're all winnable, just not sure we have the capability of stringing multiple quality games in a row. We're too inconsistent

Congratulations to Syracuse and especially Frank Howard and Tyrus Battle on this win. The entire team played well and was under the constraint of being in foul trouble throughout the game. It is nice to see a decent to good game played by Syracuse especially after the last two games. Hope that you are able to keep it going.

Agreed. Next two are really must wins at home. Then if we can get BC on road and Clemson at home, we just need one of the other three and I’ll feel really good.

I think it will be damn near impossible to win two of three vs Miami, UNC & Duke though.

In any event, this was more of a vent than anything else. So annoying to see this program on the bubble year after year.

You mean that Duke team that just got pimp slapped by a winless in the big east St. John’s? Or that UNC team that looks less than stellar?

You mean that Duke team that just got pimp slapped by a winless in the big east St. John’s? Or that UNC team that looks less than stellar?

You mean the SU team that barely broken 50 against a 11-12 GT team?

We can win, yes, but it will be extremely difficult.

Can we please enter mid-February at some point soon without having to win X number of games to make the tournament? My goodness.

I thought we were trying to climb back onto the bubble. This will help but we need 2-3 games like this. No-sweat situations will have to wait for another year.

It's funny watching everyone get their hopes up after one win. This game is an outlier, we arent going anywhere with the offense we have.

It's funny watching everyone get their hopes up after one win. This game is an outlier, we arent going anywhere with the offense we have.
You're right, but, even if the team plays well enough to win half, they would be in the discussion for the tournament.
We have been pretty good at wreaking havoc in the tourney.

Agreed. Next two are really must wins at home. Then if we can get BC on road and Clemson at home, we just need one of the other three and I’ll feel really good.

I think it will be damn near impossible to win two of three vs Miami, UNC & Duke though.

In any event, this was more of a vent than anything else. So annoying to see this program on the bubble year after year.

if we beat wake, nc state, bc and clemson then i think we're in. 9 acc wins is the magic #

Our offense last night was exceptional for this year. But it shows the potential is there.
Little by little, Marek is showing offensive improvement as well as everything else he contributes. IF we get Bourama back that will make a huge difference.
As has been said many times after a game---that's why they play the games.

if we beat wake, nc state, bc and clemson then i think we're in. 9 acc wins is the magic #

Not sure we have enough top wins in that scenario. We have had a pretty weak ACC schedule thus far.

We looked good against Virginia Tech, then lost 4 in a row. We looked against Boston College and the offense went into the tank the next three games. So now we ;looked good again but you're right. it could be an outlier.

One thing i liked, however: In the second half vs. Virginia we switched from a pick and roll/iso offense to a motion offense and started getting good shots and driving lanes. (You get the defenders moving, possibilities open up.) We just didn't make the shots. last night we did. Also, because of our defense and rebounding, we've been in every game except Kansas and Virginia and we won't play them again. I think we will be in the majority of the remaining games and I think we will get better shots than we have been getting. we'll see what happens...

Last edited:
ignore the clickbait; the bubble doesn't actually form until march

Not sure we have enough top wins in that scenario. We have had a pretty weak ACC schedule thus far.

true but we had a solid non conference, i think our "overall body of work" would be enough.

I was impressed that we started to penetrate to the foul line and made passes and shots instead of letting everything fly from beyond the three point line. We actually had some ball movement and went inside against their 7' and 6'10" players. I also admired the way their two big men passed the ball to one another inside for scores. If they had not abandoned that part of their game plan, they would have beat us.

If we don't get in, we're going to either blame how we finish down the stretch and/or the wins we could have had against St. Bonaventure, Florida State, Wake, Notre Dame, etc...there was a path to 9 wins and we've only got ourselves to blame for making it harder. Winning four down the stretch would be huge but won't be easy. need to get one at a time.

Non conference our best win was Buffalo and lost to the Bonnies.

And that was our worst loss. Much different than the non-cons last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom