Question: DFB and Rational Goals | Syracusefan.com

Question: DFB and Rational Goals

javadoc

All American
DFB is an exciting, dynamic, and successful head coach. He came to us from Bowling Green.

Assume that DFB has the loftiest goals a HC can have. Could he have achieved them at Bowling Green? Can he achieve them at Syracuse?

Please explain.

I don't think a HC in the MAC can reach top end. The competition isn't good enough. The attendance isn't good enough (recall the potential problems in the MAC when the NCAA instituted attendance minima for D-1A level).

IMO, we will be, with DFB, a cult of personality. And we will win a national championship.

Goal should be nothing less than world domination
1545023492473.jpeg

DFB is an exciting, dynamic, and successful head coach. He came to us from Bowling Green.

Assume that DFB has the loftiest goals a HC can have. Could he have achieved them at Bowling Green? Can he achieve them at Syracuse?

Please explain.

I don't think a HC in the MAC can reach top end. The competition isn't good enough. The attendance isn't good enough (recall the potential problems in the MAC when the NCAA instituted attendance minima for D-1A level).

IMO, we will be, with DFB, a cult of personality. And we will win a national championship.
Dino and his staff do have the loftiest goals attainable - a national championship. Perhaps unrealistic, but a goal nonetheless.

The interesting thing about football, is how hard players will go for a coach they love. How hard they'll work for family. That's what he's bringing. Existing talent will work harder, better talent will come in.

We've heard 3 epic locker room speeches. Makes us want to run through walls. Imagine being a player, hearing that every day. That becomes who you are.

It's a great time to be Orange!

imagine if we hadnt had ND as the other OC. we were sitting around 12. almost every team ahead of us slipped up too. We beat just an avg team in that spot and at 10-2 we probably climb to 7.

I think we are flawed but I dont think anyone after OSU we cant beat, its not a great leap to get to 5-10 any given year if you get the breaks and if you are that close anything can happen.

again beat clem/pitt and dont play ND and we are in and I still dont know that we would be one of the best 4 but we probably would have gotten it done.

If his goals were win his conference and a national title - he could have done it at bowling green*

*if his OOC schedule was all ranked power-5 schools and he went undefeated

He can win a title here at Syracuse - it will just be tough. So many factors have to go your way when you're not a factory school

It's tough to get into the playoff and win a title no matter who you are. Ask, Auburn, Florida, ND, Michigan, USC, Miami, Texas, LSU etc etc. etc. etc.

There might never be a time at Syracuse when getting into the playoff is more attainable than right now. The division is down and not as daunting and the Syracuse roster seemingly has the pieces coming together to take advantage of it.

Syracuse would have to go undefeated to get into the playoff; or lose early and win out and that would be dicey.

He can achieve his goals right now at Syracuse but it's still a tall order and the stars will have to align and players will have to perform.

Please explain.

Are not will be!
Hope you're doing great doc

If you can do it at Clemson, you can do it at Syracuse.
That’s what I say. They have a blueprint on coming from nothing to something and hopefully we do the same. We shoulda been a ncaa champ in 90’s white 97-98 team was clearly better than Tennessee if it wasn’t for our terrible and conservative play calling. Also didn’t we have around 7 first round draft picks on that team in different years of course. We can do this and we will.

That’s what I say. They have a blueprint on coming from nothing to something and hopefully we do the same. We shoulda been a ncaa champ in 90’s white 97-98 team was clearly better than Tennessee if it wasn’t for our terrible and conservative play calling. Also didn’t we have around 7 first round draft picks on that team in different years of course. We can do this and we will.
They have a few things going for them that we obviously don’t have. But we’re leveragung the dome and if we can use it to our advantage and stay true to the philosophy, we definitely have a shot.

And honestly who would have ever thought that five years ago? We just wanted 6 or 7 win seasons. Dino has raised the bar and I love it. He and Wildhack want to compete at the highest level and win a national title. And I love that he keeps referencing doing it the right way.

I’m really confident we can attract high end skill players. To win the division, conference and compete in the playoff we’ll need good to great players on the lines with depth.

It’s possible.

… .…

And honestly who would have ever thought that five years ago? We just wanted 6 or 7 win seasons. ...
In fact, many fans this pre-season were hoping for 6 or 7 wins. So, we need to keep in mind what came together to allow Dino to exceed expectations: a senior QB (multi-year starter) who was top 3 (or better) in the ACC and our MVP; upperclassmen in key roles who were multi-year starters; a true frosh safety who led the team in interceptions and earned frosh AA honors; a first year PK who won the Grozo award and was a consensus AA; grad transfer OT who stepped in as our best lineman; better health across the board than in many seasons.

To sustain this level, need recruiting to keep getting better, and need very high level QB play. Clemson has had top 10 classes back to back, headed by a handful of 4 and 5 stars, year to year. Our recruiting is bunched with Pitt & Wake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom