Question for basketballgeezers | Syracusefan.com

Question for basketballgeezers

CaliCuse

All American
I was there for Bing's first game under Fred Lewis with Chuck Richards Rick Dean and Sam Penceal. Who was the 5th player on the starting unit? Its driving me effn crazy. Fortunately its a short trip. but I gotta get that name. i'm praying its not Boeheim. As I recall he was Sam's replacement. Also how would you describe Jeremi Grant's game? Thanks I appreciate the help. Big Saturday game tomorrow. Wish you were all here.:cool:

Based on information found on the interwebs (which we all know cannot ever be wrong), the consistent starters by the end of the 63-64 season were Bing, Duffy, Richards, Penceal, Goldsmith. Don't see Dean as a starter until the next year, 64-65, when by the end of the season, the starters were Boeheim, Duffy, Richards, Reid, Bing.

H/T to www.orangehoops.org

Based on information found on the interwebs (which we all know cannot ever be wrong), the consistent starters by the end of the 63-64 season were Bing, Duffy, Richards, Penceal, Goldsmith. Don't see Dean as a starter until the next year, 64-65, when by the end of the season, the starters were Boeheim, Duffy, Richards, Reid, Bing.

H/T to www.orangehoops.org
So Duffy is the missing name. I wouldn't have come up with that on my own I though that Dean was a starter from the get go but I'll cxoncede the fact I was probably remembering thr freshman games more the the varsity regular season games. Thanks. boeheim starting ugh. I guess he did . He looked like a geek out there.:cool:

So Duffy is the missing name. I wouldn't have come up with that on my own I though that Dean was a starter from the get go but I'll cxoncede the fact I was probably remembering thr freshman games more the the varsity regular season games. Thanks. boeheim starting ugh. I guess he did . He looked like a geek out there.:cool:
Dean was a year behind Bing/Boeheim. So when Bing started his first game as a soph in '63, Rick Dean was a freshman. And frosh weren't eligible for varsity competition at that time.