Question for Mac Users | Syracusefan.com

Question for Mac Users

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
I have a user on a Mac who is having problems accessing the site.

Can't do it at all using Firefox. When he uses Safari, the site is really slow and he can't post except as a poll.

Is anyone using the site successfully using a Mac? If so, how are you doing it?

Thanks...

I use Safari with my Macbook Pro. Have had no problems

Google Chrome reporting in. No problems that I can recall

Can't do it at all using Firefox. When he uses Safari, the site is really slow and he can't post except as a poll.

Thanks...

Yes, no problems for me. I use Google Chrome mostly, but it has been kind of buggy the past few months for the Mac. I have had no problems accessing the site using any of those 3 Mac browsers, though. Firefox has run slowest for me, but it's on the oldest machine.

We have an I-Mac at home, only 2 months old. It was slow on safari until that adjustment was made 1-2 weeks ago for the ads. Now better, but not great.

I'll try it tonight on Chrome.

Edit: I'm using Chrome right now and it's 50% faster. Big improvement.

Thanks...

iMac, Safari, working pretty well

I also have the same problem regarding it thinking everything is a poll which means I can't start threads and I'm using a office PC.

I have used Firefox on my MacBook Pro since I have joined and there has never had an issue

my only issue appears to be writing a complete and legible sentences...

I also have the same problem regarding it thinking everything is a poll which means I can't start threads and I'm using a office PC.
Try enabling compatibility view. If you are using IE 9, be sure you are at the syracusefan.com web site and click on the little icon that looks like a torn piece of paper next to the round arrow refresh icon next to the URL at the top of the browser window. That should do the trick.

I honestly have never had a problem using either of the three mentioned or Opera. I don’t believe that IE9 is available for Mac.

a little over a year old iMAC and works fine with Firefox (not a fan of Safari so haven't tried that).

Probably a problem with the Mac. Try a utility, like Cocktail (http://www.maintain.se/cocktail) and run the Pilot part of this program. This will run maintenance scripts, repair permissions, etc. After this, the world might be better. Also, if using Safari, go into the Safari menu and choose Empty cache.