Question for moderators | Syracusefan.com

Question for moderators

Tornado91

Walk On
How much of what used to be premium content makes it onto this board? I know you guys need to use discretion when it comes to certain things. If there is any opportunity to include a site for the info not appropriate for general consumption? As an example, the posts about PTG's injury seem to be holding back where I suspect the old premium side would have expanded.

Not a mod, but I know there have been statements posted that there will indeed be a pay side to this site. I assume the type of info you are talking about will be discussed there.

I've personally had to withhold some stuff. I'm eagerly awaiting the pay side.

Right now, I think the tailgates are the current equivalent to the Manley board.

I'll probably get lit up for this but its an honest question - what is the big worry with posting info? I get its "insider" stuff and most are well more connected than I - but whats the big difference here if there is a premium side or not yet?

I always thought about doing it on tos and glad I didn't - most likely will here, just curious.

I'll probably get lit up for this but its an honest question - what is the big worry with posting info? I get its "insider" stuff and most are well more connected than I - but whats the big difference here if there is a premium side or not yet?

Anything you post on an "open" message board will end up on every other blog and twitter in the city within 12 hours, and discussed on the radio within 24 hours.

Maybe you don't want your inside source compromised or embarassed?

How much of what used to be premium content makes it onto this board? I know you guys need to use discretion when it comes to certain things. If there is any opportunity to include a site for the info not appropriate for general consumption? As an example, the posts about PTG's injury seem to be holding back where I suspect the old premium side would have expanded.

Any particular reason that this question remains unanswered on any level?

How does one build up a resume to get on this premium board...signed George O'Leary

Cali continues to post all of his premium content here

Anything you post on an "open" message board will end up on every other blog and twitter in the city within 12 hours, and discussed on the radio within 24 hours.

Maybe you don't want your inside source compromised or embarassed?
I get that part but what stops someone from paying $100 or taking a free trial and doing the same thing? Thinking about last week - I'm sure shady has that in the athletic department budget.

I get that part but what stops someone from paying $100 or taking a free trial and doing the same thing? Thinking about last week - I'm sure shady has that in the athletic department budget.

Usually injury or gameplan related stuff that insiders are able to learn that could hurt the team if got out are still kept off of premium board for that reason. Even though it's a premium/subscriber board as you said anybody could access it and there is still a need for discretion when posting certain tidbits. Nobody wants to post anything to hurt our chances of winning.

Any particular reason that this question remains unanswered on any level?

Because the question has been asked a dozen times especially on the suggestions board. A payside is coming.