Question for those in the know | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Question for those in the know

This thread is just speculation of one person who wants to kinda wish a hot take into existence rather than have any inside information.

This reads like Skip Bayless talking about LeBron James.

If Dino was doing a great job here he would have already been offered a better job. If you are going to say he would take a job like New Mexico to prevent himself from being fired at Syracuse I could atleast understand that. Rick Pitino’s son did that. He didn’t want to get fired from Minnesota so he went out and got a lower level job at New Mexico and has been able to rehab his career there.

Dino isn’t leaving Syracuse for another P5 job. The guy doesn’t even have a winning record here. The fanbase that hired Dino would go nuts if they hired him. He isn’t going to another P5 job. The guy hasn’t done what he pledged to do here when hired. If he wants to leave thank you for time and hope Wildhack can find a new coach.
I won’t lose any sleep if we lose Dino to another school but this thread is just amazing.

I’m convinced Dino isn’t going anywhere for a long time.
He turned things around this season with a winnng record, ranked as high as 12 in nation and made it to a bowl.

The shine is off his star enough that the bigger boys won’t come calling. Plus now that he’s able to pay / hire better assistants we’re going to keep this ship nice and steady.

No more Atlantic division opponents helps also.

Why would he leave and start another rebuild at a lateral program? I just don’t see it happening .

I’m convinced Dino isn’t going anywhere for a long time.
He turned things around this season with a winnng record, ranked as high as 12 in nation and made it to a bowl.

The shine is off his star enough that the bigger boys won’t come calling. Plus now that he’s able to pay / hire better assistants we’re going to keep this ship nice and steady.

Why would he leave and start another rebuild at a lateral program? I just don’t see it happening .
Because it’s a perpetual rebuild at cuse. It was hard to sustain success in the old college football environment. Now it’s damn near impossible with NIL and transfer portal.

Sticking by DB so he can have success has to make the school an enticing job for someone down the road who’s not looking for just a 2 year gig.

Who knows what Dino will do but certainly think winning is everyone's best interest. I am not going to speculate on his future or commitment to the area because his wife isn't on the planning board in the town of Manlius. That seems rather odd.

Coaches come and go but Dino would have to be better win lose wise to attract a possible suitor at another program. Assistants are different

So we’re not playing FSU and Clemson anymore? Sweet! I must’ve missed that memo.

870C824E-EC01-41B4-A2C1-4B77B47DEC47.jpeg

Was going to do a Post Of The Year thread awhile back but completely forgot. This is one of my favorite posts ever.

Love you, kcsu. Never change.

So we’re not playing FSU and Clemson anymore? Sweet! I must’ve missed that memo.
Not what I was saying.
To be clear dissolving divisions helps us in that our schedules won't be as brutal as they've been.

I touched on this in my post about Dino that the admin really likes him and i believe will extend him if he goes bowling next year.

My opinion is that Dino will move to another job, a lateral move not an upward move if offered. My primary concern with him is that he is not invested in the community, is a west coast guy at heart and probably wants to move west if possible. I don't blame him for this I just don't know if he is the person to invest in long term after his contract is up.

So, for those in the know and those like me who are purely speculating, what do you think. Will Dino accept an extension to stay at Syracuse if he has a comparable offer from another school. Not a better offer, rather a comparable one.
Agree 100%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom