Question for YouTubeTV subscribers using Fios internet. | Syracusefan.com

Question for YouTubeTV subscribers using Fios internet.

DoubleDee

All American
Making the switch in October and keeping my Fios internet. Can some of you share what internet speed you’re using with youtubetv and how it’s performing with your speed. Also, is there a point when multiple screens makes your performance lag, buffer etc??
Thank you

you can only get 3 streams with Youtube I think.. so if you have anything over 15 you should be pretty good, anything more than 100 is probably a waste of money if streaming is what you are doing,

remember that wifi is about half speed so take what you get and cut it in half if you have a non wired connection..

a good HD stream only needs about 5MB most of the time. 4K more like 10-15..

YouTube tv is 6 at a time. I currently have Verizon’s gigabit (up to 900). I want to drop to the 300, and you’re saying that’s way more than enough?

Its 3 concurrent devices i was thinking not streams.. I thought it was 6 accts could be set up though not 6 streams.

yeah the idea that people get pushed to 1gb streams is pretty crazy.. even gaming doesnt really need all that much. it will help if you want to to do illegal downloads faster i suppose.

I would go as low as they offer and then see what happens and go back up.. it pretty much can be changed at real time. are you watching 6 streams at once ?

We should not be. My concern is one or two streams, at the same time my son is on PS4 playing Fortnite, and my daughter is on her chromebook etc etc

games take very little stream.. 50Mb would probably work. using a chromebook is barely a ripple except for some video streams.. even so 100mb would probably work.

I have the gigabit with home phone. All said $108.

without phone $130.:confused:

we were at 220 with tv.
Now with youtubetv, espn+, disney+, and Hulu is 170 and change.

and you can often go down from gigabet and save more money and thats well worth it too.

and you can often go down from gigabet and save more money and thats well worth it too.
Well that’s how they get you. 300 and 400 with or without the phone was more money, and 100 was the same price.

yeah i know. and almost all these fiber prices are 1-2 yr deals with pretty big jumps after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom