Question no one seems to ask... what happened during the bye week? | Syracusefan.com

Question no one seems to ask... what happened during the bye week?

OrangeFoo

All American
The bye week seems to the single most pivotal point of the season. Before the bye, the team was competing in every single game and the offense seemed to be getting better before our eyes. The main thing keeping us from wins was coaching snafus. After the bye we got a lifeless team that struggled to stay in games and compete. What happened? Did injuries catch up? Was it the flu? Did teams figure out how to stop Shrader? Did someone sacrifice the wrong goat?

Babers said on that Perry's interview that OX always posts that he didn't have physical practices that week, wanted to make sure everyone was healed.

On one hand, it isn't fair to have a bye that late in the season.

On the other hand, I think it dates back to the meathead-iest of times to know that if you're not physical in practice, you probably won't be in games.

Dino said in the interview that he learned from that. Could point out that it was his 6th year here, but what would be the point.

It's like 80% we played teams that were better than the ones we had played
10% whatever is going on between the QB/RB the OC and the HC
10% lack of depth and injuries taking a toll

Maybe there was a falling out with Gilbert? The O looked a lot different vs Pitt. We saw plays, routes, etc that we hadn't seen all year. So unless we were holding back, something changed. Usually you add new wrinkles when you have extra time (bye week), but these all came on a normal week.

1638294902721.jpeg

I'd love to know the inside scoop because I wondered the same thing. I guessed it was flu but then when it lasted 3 weeks I kind of thought it was fatigue/injuries.

I'm guessing either too many or too few kumbaya meetings and/or picnics?

The bye week seems to the single most pivotal point of the season. Before the bye, the team was competing in every single game and the offense seemed to be getting better before our eyes. The main thing keeping us from wins was coaching snafus. After the bye we got a lifeless team that struggled to stay in games and compete. What happened? Did injuries catch up? Was it the flu? Did teams figure out how to stop Shrader? Did someone sacrifice the wrong goat?
50% Vettorello got hurt against BC and it absolutely crushed our offense.

50% Even without him getting hurt, it would have been a challenge to win any of those three games. But they would have been much more competitive than they were.

The goat really gets me. Ha. Well done!

Our schedule got tougher. Also I think Louisville was a bad matchup for us it crushed their spirit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom