Question on TV Networks | Syracusefan.com

Question on TV Networks

DilemaCuse

All Conference
Does anyone know why CBS never shows an ACC game on weekends?

Every weekend I noticed they televise every other league, Big10, BigEast, SEC, Big12, PAC 12 even AAC, but never the ACC this season, seems odd to me.

You would think, Duke, UNC, SU with the NYC market would be good ratings numbers.

ESPN owns 95% of all ACC games.
5% are still owned by Fox Sports regional lease from Raycom that expire this year.

CBS gets ACC games on the weekends but they have to sublease from ESPN and ESPN doesn’t like giving up good conference games as they want them on their networks.

Big Ten and Big East give more games to CBS. Big Ten has a basketball contract with CBS. Big East subleases games to CBS SN and CBS.

Big XII games are owned by ESPN but they sublease some to CBS.

ESPN owns 95% of all ACC games.
5% are still owned by Fox Sports regional lease from Raycom that expire this year.

CBS gets ACC games on the weekends but they have to sublease from ESPN and ESPN doesn’t like giving up good conference games as they want them on their networks.

Big Ten and Big East give more games to CBS. Big Ten has a basketball contract with CBS. Big East subleases games to CBS SN and CBS.

Big XII games are owned by ESPN but they sublease some to CBS.
Thanks for explaining

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe CBS and FOX (not Regionals) will carry an ACC team if they are having an away game at one of the teams that is in a conference those networks usually broadcast. Example - our game at Georgetown I think was broadcast by FOX.