Question regarding NYC transit on gamedays | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Question regarding NYC transit on gamedays

Follow this link. The NJTransit website allows you to buy round trip tickets on-line for this event.

https://tickets.njtransit.com/ot/ot_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=OTRegTo

Nice find...so they are planning on having the train. But will Block R NJ residing fans like UEO take the train? Or shall we see him drive up to park in this? BTW, nice ride save for the Jersey Shore Treatments.
Car_Wrap_Flags_Tag.jpg

Awesome!

The only thing is that it doesnt give a time? Will they be running a train back and forth say like 12-3 or something?

Because I would probably drive down to somewhere in pennsylvania then train to Penn Station and back?

thanks
Where are you coming from?

Syracuse. I would drive part way then train the rest into Penn Station. Think that would work?

its likely a very small percentage of people who use the bus/train.

I was thinking the same thing for USC last year, but it wasn't the case. There were several thousand people waiting for 8 Coach USA buses after the game.

This year, lots of Cuse and Ped St people living in the city.

Syracuse. I would drive part way then train the rest into Penn Station. Think that would work?

Just find a place in Jersey that trains in to Secacus. There's no point in going all of the way in when so many trains stop in Secacus first. Plus, you'd have to backtrack there anyway.

Just find a place in Jersey that trains in to Secacus. There's no point in going all of the way in when so many trains stop in Secacus first. Plus, you'd have to backtrack there anyway.

What would I do from Secacus? There isn't a train from there to Metlife right?

Why don't you just drive right to MetLife?

Just figured this might be a little easier and less driving

240 miles from Syracuse to MetLife. 3.5 hour drive if you don't stop for coffee.

I-80 East to exit 53. US 46 East to Rt 3 East. Follow signs right into the parking lot.

240 miles from Syracuse to MetLife. 3.5 hour drive if you don't stop for coffee.

I-80 East to exit 53. US 46 East to Rt 3 East. Follow signs right into the parking lot.
We drove down there for a Giants game and it was very easy.

Leaving was actually a breeze too. Left after the game ended (early game) and was on my couch for the kickoff of Sunday night football.

So fastest way is 81 to I-80

So fastest way is 81 to I-80

I-81 to I-380 to I-80. The only toll you'll see is at the Delaware Water Gap (and you only pay that heading Westbound).

Syracuse...just drive it...traffic won't be that bad if you plan to arrive 4-5 hrs prior and tailgate. You could drive down to the outer suburbs on NJ and stay Friday night if you don't want to get up so early on Saturday. The key is to arrive early and tailgate. SyracuseFan posters...we plan to tailgate in Lot L.

Syracuse...just drive it...traffic won't be that bad if you plan to arrive 4-5 hrs prior and tailgate. You could drive down to the outer suburbs on NJ and stay Friday night if you don't want to get up so early on Saturday. The key is to arrive early and tailgate.

Yeah, I agree with TM. If I were coming down, barring any yearning to go out in Manhattan, I would avoid it altogether (and I live in Manhattan).

Or, do what UEO said and have your group rent a cab or limo from Manhattan if you choose to stay there to get to the game and back.

Last year I had to take a train part of the way and then a shuttle bus (from Secaucus). It was fine, but far from ideal. With that said, I'm 33 and I get cranky very easily when I'm not comfortable.

And the other thing about the transportation, is that you can put up with it on the way out there, but it's a hot mess on the way back with it being packed with drunk, tired, sunburned fans from winning and losing teams.

Awesome!

The only thing is that it doesnt give a time? Will they be running a train back and forth say like 12-3 or something?

Because I would probably drive down to somewhere in pennsylvania then train to Penn Station and back?

thanks

If you are planning on driving "down to somewhere in Pennsylvania", you will be in for a rude surprise. Better off driving to northern or western Jersey and grabbing a train from there. Better yet, just drive down to the Meadowlands and be done with it. Lots of hotels in the area if you are planning to stay over.

I agree with others. It doesn't make much sense to take the train if you're coming from Syracuse. I-81, to I-380 to I-80 to Rte 46 East to Rte 3 is what I would propose to you. You won't gain much by driving to an NJT stop and then taking the train. Parking will cost you more than a train ticket, but it you aren't going alone, splitting the cost evens it up and you get to leave on your own schedule.

EDIT: Just to clarify, Rte 46 East in Wayne, not Parsippany. That would add some time to your drive.