Question...Would we be better or worse.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Question...Would we be better or worse..

Hazing an injured teammate? I must have missed this. If possible, could you please elaborate?
Or do I not want to know? :)

You don't want to know. Besides from what I understand much of that was exaggerated or misinterpreted. Who knows the kid is gone I wish him well I hope everything works out for him and his mother things are working out well for Syracuse I'm happy.

I think way too many people are using our grad transfers last year as the fall guy over TT. JG and AW may not have been great fits for our defence, but I am not sure if it was much of an effort or attitude thing like it was for TT in my view.

You don't want to know. Besides from what I understand much of that was exaggerated or misinterpreted. Who knows the kid is gone I wish him well I hope everything works out for him and his mother things are working out well for Syracuse I'm happy.
Thanks bud - yeah I think you're right...not sure I want to know now.

Like the current team and the way it hustles on defense. But consider how much Howard, Battle, and Chukwu each are improved over last November. Why wouldn't Thompson be much better than the version we saw last season?

All three were injured last season.

Like the current team and the way it hustles on defense. But consider how much Howard, Battle, and Chukwu each are improved over last November. Why wouldn't Thompson be much better than the version we saw last season?

All three were injured last season.
You think that is the only reason they are better? Chukwu was a stiff before he was injured. He is stronger and more decisive on both offense and defense. Battle blossomed in February and he is better now. Howard is a better outside shooter, better pull-up, better floater, more mature player. Tall freshmen like Thompson usually get a lot better as sophs.

Not sure, but we definitely wouldn't be seeing Chewy or Sidibe's advancements from last year if TT were here because he'd be eating minutes naturally.
Unless he played the 4

I think there will be a few games this year he could have helped but overall we are better as a team.

Admittedly I have been/was one of TT's longest supporters. But I think he couldn't have helped but make the team better. He would fill 2 of this teams biggest weaknesses...scoring/shooting and the power forward slot. People think he would have taken minutes from the C spot but that is based on last year. Our starting lineup with TT here would have been:
TB, FH, PC, OB and TT.
All of the poor defense from last year was at the 5 spot which he had not practiced until both PC & DC were basically out for the year. I dare say we have little idea how he would have translated at the 4 spot. One nice thing about defense and effort is it is very infectious. So I think we would have been better, deeper at least.
But...without TT we aren't much worse. More development time for Dolezaj, Moyer and Sidibe may ultimately make this team even stronger by season's end. If we could get a consistent 15ft jumper out of any of those 3 look out! THAT is the biggest thing we miss without TT. Best of luck to mama's boy next year in the Big Least.

^
this is correct

- more balanced scoring
- better player at the 4
- depth

plus when playing the 5, he wouldn't be totally outsized like Marek is.

TT's D would've been better this year

We'd have an inside player that could catch the ball and make a basketball move. It would help the three scorers get better shots and rest. Hard to imagine that anyone would think we wouldn't be better. Let's put it this way.....would he help us more than Marek and Matt? :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom