Questions for the denizens... | Syracusefan.com

Questions for the denizens...

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Several times this season, our boys have gone on "runs" that are incredible, by any reasonable measure. I believe the USF "run" was 26-0. The others are well documents. Although at home, I think the USF run was particularly impressive, given the Bulls defensive numbers this year.

My question is whether or not this is simply a matter of concentration by the team, that is, bringing more focused effort at a certain point in time, or are they simply anomolies or variances from the normal basketball runs.

I tend to think that it is more than an anomoly, as it has happend so frequently. If that is the case, should we fell better about the ability of this team to " turn it on" when the post season comes.

I think runs occur mostly when the opponent hits a clusterfk. We get a couple steals in a row, and they just lose all composure. The make-up of our team is very well-suited to take advantage of those situations. It would be nice to have them happen all the time, but that would require that Jupiter always aligned with Mars--isn't going to happen.

Our defense is definitely key to these runs. The amount of blocks, steals and total turnovers have been the key to 28-1. It's true that to win games in basketball you have to score more points than the other team, but most coaches will be more proud of the defensive stats than the offensive stats. Contrary to some opinion on this board, this team is built right, from Fab on down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom