QUESTIONS?? | Syracusefan.com

QUESTIONS??

sususpicious

Walk On
Just wondering how it works when there are overlapping multiple AAU tournaments going on with multiple SU recruits playing in them, like this week in AC and Vegas? I saw that Ennis, Whitehead, Jefferson are in AC now, but then Lee, Vaughn and Vonleh (if he can still be considered a recruit of ours?) are in Vegas. With JB and Hops overseas, how do the three musketeers of Autry, McNamara and Resevy (sp?) do it? Must be difficult working two or three days in AC, then flying to Vegas for the weekend and also catching the other recruits. Does this manpower shortage put us at a disadvantage?
Also, while I'm asking questions, I don't see Obokoh's name for this week? Is he anywhere this week? I know we're interested in him; who else is? I'm wondering how much of a connection Obokoh has with the Bryant kid, who sounds like he could be a phenom? (Of course I'm wishing for a Harris-Flynn/Scoop-Jackson repeat.) Anyone know if they're tight? And is Bryant playing anywhere this week? Thanks for any help on this lengthy post - nice, slow, summer afternoon in upstate NY.

Schools are only allowed three on the road recruiting anyway, so it isn't a disadvantage as far as quantity of coaches on the road. I imagine they will split up with Resevay coupling with Red.

Schools are only allowed three on the road recruiting anyway, so it isn't a disadvantage as far as quantity of coaches on the road. I imagine they will split up with Resevay coupling with Red.
Good info - thx.

I remember reading reports on twitter of Obokoh playing pretty well at a HoopGroup event within the past 4-6 weeks. I forget who tweeted it but they said he looked athletic, long, and definitely a high major talent on the defensive side of the floor.

I know obviously a lot of attention and speculation on the board surrounds the Ennis, Lawrence, Roberson, Selden, and Jeffersons of the class, and with good reason, but I really think bringing in Obokoh would be a quiet but big get for the program. Between his high ceiling, he's likely a 4 year player, all reports are hes a good student so that helpscthe APR, and his potential help in landing Bryant, there are a lot of positives that come with bringing him in.

I remember reading reports on twitter of Obokoh playing pretty well at a HoopGroup event within the past 4-6 weeks. I forget who tweeted it but they said he looked athletic, long, and definitely a high major talent on the defensive side of the floor.

I know obviously a lot of attention and speculation on the board surrounds the Ennis, Lawrence, Roberson, Selden, and Jeffersons of the class, and with good reason, but I really think bringing in Obokoh would be a quiet but big get for the program. Between his high ceiling, he's likely a 4 year player, all reports are hes a good student so that helpscthe APR, and his potential help in landing Bryant, there are a lot of positives that come with bringing him in.
With the North Carolina's of the world sniffing around, SU may need every advantage it can get with regard to landing Bryant.

Resavy. Not that hard.

And they aren't splitting up, currently all three are together.

Just wondering how it works when there are overlapping multiple AAU tournaments going on with multiple SU recruits playing in them, like this week in AC and Vegas? I saw that Ennis, Whitehead, Jefferson are in AC now, but then Lee, Vaughn and Vonleh (if he can still be considered a recruit of ours?) are in Vegas. With JB and Hops overseas, how do the three musketeers of Autry, McNamara and Resevy (sp?) do it? Must be difficult working two or three days in AC, then flying to Vegas for the weekend and also catching the other recruits. Does this manpower shortage put us at a disadvantage?
Also, while I'm asking questions, I don't see Obokoh's name for this week? Is he anywhere this week? I know we're interested in him; who else is? I'm wondering how much of a connection Obokoh has with the Bryant kid, who sounds like he could be a phenom? (Of course I'm wishing for a Harris-Flynn/Scoop-Jackson repeat.) Anyone know if they're tight? And is Bryant playing anywhere this week? Thanks for any help on this lengthy post - nice, slow, summer afternoon in upstate NY.
Obokoh's AAU team, The Albany City Rock are playing in the super showcase in Orlando this week. He currently has offers/interest outside of SU from Nova, WVU, Oregon, Texas, Temple, Pitt, and Miami among others. Bryant is in Vegas for the fab 48 tourney with Team Scan 15's.

Resavy. Not that hard.

And they aren't splitting up, currently all three are together.
Thanks, I was just speculating that they may split up.

GMac is currently in Vegas and checked out Vonleh, Goodluck, and McCullough on Friday.
I was watching the Orlando AAU games ... Texas (named) teams vs yada yada. They zoomed in on GMac there and I thought, "Who is he watching"?

I was watching the Orlando AAU games ... Texas (named) teams vs yada yada. They zoomed in on GMac there and I thought, "Who is he watching"?
He was expecting to see Dakari Johnson from E1T1, who were playing the Texas Titans but he was out with an injury. SG/SF Kobie Eubanks could've been of interest as well from that same team.

Everyone has offered Whitehead but Kentucky.

If I were the top recruit in 014 I would take that as a extreme insult . If I was the number one player in 2014 and kentucky who recruits all 10 of the top 10 players every year hasn't offered me, then I would stay as far away from them as I could. I defenetly wouldn't buy into their last minute I am holier then thou and its a honor to be recruited by me garbage. End of story, Exclaimation !

Whitehead is nowhere nearbthe top recruit in 2014

Everyone has offered Whitehead but Kentucky.

If I were the top recruit in 014 I would take that as a extreme insult . If I was the number one player in 2014 and kentucky who recruits all 10 of the top 10 players every year hasn't offered me, then I would stay as far away from them as I could. I defenetly wouldn't buy into their last minute I am holier then thou and its a honor to be recruited by me garbage. But then again Noel did. End of story, Exclaimations !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom