QuicK: Last possession, down one..... | Syracusefan.com

QuicK: Last possession, down one.....

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
...who takes the last shot?

We will be deep & experienced, but will we be NC great?

Last year Bilas & Gottdweeb both said that we had a team of role players w/ no stand-out star. Contrast that w/ UConn who everyone knew was Kemba, until Lamb grew into his supporting role late.
This year, I think we're in a position where someone has to step up- & frankly I don't trust Scoop as being "that guy"! And after that, who plays Robin to the Cuse's Batman?

So.....who steps up & takes charge? Brandon, KJo, Scoop, Dion, or maybe even MCW???
IMHO- thats gonna be the key to our season & whether we can bring home #2. :noidea:

Hard to think Scoop gives it up, but I'd love it to be K Jo or Michael Owens on the pitch to the short corner. (ha)

If we want to make it far in the NCAA it needs to be Kris or Brandon taking the shot IMO. Scoop can start with the ball as long as the play is to one of those two. We saw what Scoop as the go to guy was it was 2011. He will take the shot and that's admirable but he is not the guy you want in that roll IMO.

...who takes the last shot?

We will be deep & experienced, but will we be NC great?

Last year Bilas & Gottdweeb both said that we had a team of role players w/ no stand-out star. Contrast that w/ UConn who everyone knew was Kemba, until Lamb grew into his supporting role late.
This year, I think we're in a position where someone has to step up- & frankly I don't trust Scoop as being "that guy"! And after that, who plays Robin to the Cuse's Batman?

So.....who steps up & takes charge? Brandon, KJo, Scoop, Dion, or maybe even MCW???
IMHO- thats gonna be the key to our season & whether we can bring home #2. :noidea:

It's going to be Scoop whether we like it or not. This isn't to comment on him personally, but as a player. He has taken the reigns of this team. Triche alluded to it in interviews last year and it was also shown by the fact that he shot the most three pointers on the team and I expect him to have the most overall FGs this year.

This is also the reason why we won't make it past the Sweet 16, imo.

If we want to have a shot at the whole enchilada it simply has to be Joesph. He has to take that next step and finally realize all that talent. Otherwise we will have a nice season that ends around the sweet 16 again.

If we are to be truly an elite team that guy has to be Joseph. Enough of the talk about potential, it's showtime for Kris Joseph and without his elevated play we simply become a team in the middle of the pack

Honestly it doesn't matter. Look at the NBA this year. With Jason Terry and Dirk making the big shots.
Lebron missed his Wade made his case and point. Gerry and Melo put the team on their back in the 03 tournament. Scary teams are multidimentional not just carried by one/two guys . To have both is nice though.

If it SHOULD be anybody's time the guys are obvioulsy Kris and Scoop.