Quick post SU-Buffalo thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick post SU-Buffalo thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • What a block by Griffin to start the game. It just shows again how he can affect the game in so many different ways besides scoring
  • We don't seem to be the smartest team at times. We're cold as ice from 3, so why do we keep forcing them instead of going to the basket. Took us about 30 minutes to figure this out. Ironically, I think our Freshmen are our smartest players (along with Guerrier).
  • Boeheim going way too much one-on-one. As I said before the season, if he's our go to player, we will not be more than a mediocre team. If he gets really hot, he can carry us for a stretch, but otherwise we should generally be going through others players, specifically Richmond (who can score AND create for others) and Guerrier.
  • Don't love going to Dolezaj at the end. He's just so soft offensively-I've never seen a guy fall down that much on offense. He really has some talent, but don't know if he'll ever have that killer mentality on offense, which is demonstrated by how many of his shots are short.
  • Guerrier continues to play like a MAN. My only concern with him is FT shooting. With the amount of fouls he draws, If he can get that a little better, he will be tough to stop and a legitimate go-to guy.
  • Kadary continues to change the game when he comes in on both sides of the ball. His athleticism/long arms, intelligence, and vision make him too good to keep off the court.
  • A game like this reminds us that we need Sidibe
  • The million dollar question is-Who are we on offense? Are we the team with stellar ball movement like we were against BC or the team who falls in love with contested 3 pointers early in the shot clock (like most of the other games). The answer may go a long way to determine how good we will be.

Regarding Kadary... he came in when we had 21 points and then we struggled to score until we started pressing. He was much more effective against Rutgers when he was pass-firat. I thought he looked for his shot a bit too much last night. He’s a good freshman, but he needs to prove that he can hit a J or teams will sag off him which will clog up our offense. Plus one to everything else.

Regarding Kadary... he came in when we had 21 points and then we struggled to score until we started pressing. He was much more effective against Rutgers when he was pass-firat. I thought he looked for his shot a bit too much last night. He’s a good freshman, but he needs to prove that he can hit a J or teams will sag off him which will clog up our offense. Plus one to everything else.
He only took 9 shots. I thought he should have looked for his shot more. He played great and I'm hoping he starts taking it to basket more. Hard to see that he will ever clog up our offense.

He only took 9 shots. I thought he should have looked for his shot more. He played great and I'm hoping he starts taking it to basket more. Hard to see that he will ever clog up our offense.
i like the pace of his development, kind of a "fast, but no rush" approach seven games in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom