Quick SU-Clemson thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick SU-Clemson thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • Couldn't be more proud of our guys who laid it all on the line
  • We'll never know, but I firmly believe we win the game w/o the questionable Roughing the passer call on 3rd and 25. I agree with others who feel that the crowd reaction influenced the call, as the QB was right on the out of bounds line and it wasn't a hard hit...definitely not as hard or as out of bounds as the hit on Shrader. I don't think that call is made in the Dome. The defensive PI call in the end zone was another big, questionable call. We continue to rack up the penalties.
  • Many also talked about the lack of carries to Tucker, which I thought was odd considering how well he was running yesterday and how much we've forced the running game in others when it wasn't nearly as successful
  • The most frustrating play call of the game to me was 3rd and 3 in Clemson Territory and we pass the ball. To me, that's 4 down territory and I'd run it twice there. We were running it well-No need to get too cute.
  • Obviously Jahad was the player of the game, but Gadsden continues to produce against everybody. The difficult thing now is the Defense now knows that Shrader will go to him almost every big pass play and is waiting for it, like the last play of yesterday's game.
  • Alford with a ridiculous catch. He;s definitely Custis 2.0. Hope we can get more out of him before his Senior here, because he has some serious tools.
  • Shrader played very tough, but thought we put too much on him and the OL in pass blocking in the 2nd half
  • I'm very down on Mang-This is at least the 2nd time at the end of a game where we has totally whiffed on his block. He is out there primarily to block. If he can't do it, let's put Syracruz there in that situation.
  • Obviously, disastrous job by Dino with the time management job at the end, but credit to him and the staff for always having the guys ready and believing in themselves for this game
  • We have got ourselves a Punter. very impressed w/ Von Marburg in difficult circumstances. I don't think our Special teams have been special overall. We missed many tackles on returns and we take forever to get ready to kick a FG. They're okay- better than last year, but not great.
  • Thrilled that it doesn't appear that we suffered any serious injuries. Expect Garrett Williams back this week for ND. Need to focus on stopping the run and the TE this week, but will not be an easy game.

Last edited:
  • Couldn't be more proud of our guys who laid it all on the line
  • We'll never know, but I firmly believe we win the game w/o the questionable Roughing the passer call on 3rd and 25. I agree with others who feel that the crowd reaction influenced the call, as the QB was right on the out of bounds line and it wasn't a hard hit...definitely not as hard or as out of bounds as the hit on Shrader. I don't think that call is made in the Dome. The defensive PI call in the end zone was another big, questionable call. We continue to rack up the penalties.
  • Many also talked about the lack of carries to Tucker, which I thought was odd considering how well he was running yesterday and how much we've forced the running game in others when it wasn't nearly as successful
  • The most frustrating play call of the game to me was 3rd and 3 in Clemson Territory and we pass the ball. To me, that's 4 down territory and I'd run it twice there. We were running it well-No need to get too cute.
  • Obviously Jahad was the player of the game, but Gadsden continues to produce against everybody. The difficult thing now is the Defense now knows that Shrader will go to him almost every big pass play and is waiting for it, like the last play of yesterday's game.
  • Alford with a ridiculous catch. He;s definitely Custis 2.0. Hope we can get more out of him before his Senior here, because he has some serious tools.
  • Shrader played very tough, but thought we put too much on him and the OL in pass blocking in the 2nd half
  • I'm very down on Mang-This is at least the 2nd time at the end of a game where we has totally whiffed on his block. He is out there primarily to block. If he can't do it, let's put Syracruz there in that situation.
  • Obviously, disastrous job by Dino with the time management job at the end, but credit to him and the staff for always having the guys ready and believing in themselves for this game
  • We have got ourselves a Punter. very impressed w/ Von Marburg in difficult circumstances. I don't think our Special teams have been special overall. We missed many tackles on returns and we take forever to get ready to kick a FG. It's better than last year, but not great. However, we have got ourselves a Punter-Very impressed w/ Von Marburg in difficult circumstances.
  • Thrilled that it doesn't appear that we suffered any serious injuries. Expect Garrett Williams back this week for ND. Need to focus on stopping the run and the TE this week, but will not be an easy game.
If they got a good TE we need to get hands on him of line of scrimmage. Purdue game we didn’t touch 87 once. It throws off his rhythm.

If they got a good TE we need to get hands on him of line of scrimmage. Purdue game we didn’t touch 87 once. It throws off his rhythm.
They might have the best TE in College Football. I anticipate they try to run the ball down our throats and play action with him.
I would also add that I'm shocked we didn't try any trick plays. Anae is kind of known for it and thought we would have tried something like that in the 2nd half when we were struggling to move the ball.

Last edited:
They might have the best TE in College Football. I anticipate they try to run the ball down our throats and play action with him.
I would also add that I'm shocked we didn't try any trick plays. Anae is kind of known for it and thought we would have tried something like that in the 2nd half when we were struggling to move the ball.
Also did not notice og in motion a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom