Quick SU-SJ thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick SU-SJ thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
  • In spite of the lack of rebounding, nice to see Bell start to hit some shots, including one off the dribble
  • Mintz getting better every game-ran out of gas towards the end. JB needs to bring in Symir to give him an occasional rest
  • Speaking of Symir, seems like he's regressed a little the past couple of games. Need him to penetrate and move the ball
  • Jesse was great when he was in, problem was due to foul trouble, he wasn't in enough. I feel like I say this every game, but greater effort needs to be made to get him the ball inside. After dominating the end of the 2nd half, we should have tried to get him a touch every play of OT and instead mostly ignored him. Believe he scored our only 4 points of OT.
  • Nice to see Benny hit some shots. If he can keep that up, we're a different team. Still needs a better handle to take advantage of his athleticism.
  • Can't ask more from Hima...Well, other than dunking the ball when he's 1 foot from the basket, instead of trying to shoot it. A real presence on defense. Not sure who I prefer between him and Anselem (Not that it matters).
  • If Girard isn't hitting outside shots, he's kind of useless. He can't finish inside at all and not much of a defender. He really struggles against a tough man-to-man
  • Copeland at the 3 limits our ability to space the floor. Love watching him give out the water bottles. He's a team player on and off the court.
  • Surprised Taylor couldn't find the floor for a few minutes. Seems pretty interchangeable w/ Bell and might grab an occasional rebound.
  • I do think we're getting better

• In spite of the lack of rebounding, nice to see Bell start to hit some shots, including one off the dribble
  • Mintz getting better every game-ran out of gas towards the end. JB needs to bring in Symir to give him an occasional rest
  • Speaking of Symir, seems like he's regressed a little the past couple of games. Need him to penetrate and move the ball
  • Jesse was great when he was in, problem was due to foul trouble, he wasn't in enough. I feel like I say this every game, but greater effort needs to be made to get him the ball inside. After dominating the end of the 2nd half, we should have tried to get him a touch every play of OT and instead mostly ignored him. Believe he scored our only 4 points of OT.
  • Nice to see Benny hit some shots. If he can keep that up, we're a different team. Still needs a better handle to take advantage of his athleticism.
  • Can't ask more from Hima...Well, other than dunking the ball when he's 1 foot from the basket, instead of trying to shoot it. A real presence on defense. Not sure who I prefer between him and Anselem (Not that it matters).
  • If Girard isn't hitting outside shots, he's kind of useless. He can't finish inside at all and not much of a defender. He really struggles against a tough man-to-man
  • Copeland at the 3 limits our ability to space the floor. Love watching him give out the water bottles. He's a team player on and off the court.
  • Surprised Taylor couldn't find the floor for a few minutes. Seems pretty interchangeable w/ Bell and might grab an occasional rebound.
I think Hima slipped on that shot

Definitely getting better, getting out of the OOC with the only other loss being Illinois is critical, cannot drop another one

Think about this we are 3-2 and probably the fourth or fifth best team in NY. Thats how far we have fallen. Taylor needs to see the floor somehow and so does Brown, zero rebounds at forward means you aren’t a forward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom