Quick Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Quick Thoughts

OrangeBlood

Starter
Unfortunately was not able to attend this year. Was in NYC last weekend to see family and saw basketball game last saturday. Just didn't work out.

Weather reminded me of a typical December Sunday at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Got to love that "Wintery Mix"

This game, IMO had serious national appeal. I think we showed excellent on a national stage with many people watching. Should show well in recruiting.

The officiating was awful, especially for WVU. I hate when referees take over the game. The pass interference call, personal foul call and holding on the touchdown call were bad. Everything went our way today, from the weather to bounces. It was just one of those days. We still win even if we don't get the calls however.

We completely dominated WVU upfront offensively. I have said all year, our OL has been dominant since Pugh returned. If it was Pughs last game at SU, he was incredible. Best OL we have had in a loooong time. He has had one hell of a career.

Both QBs were average at best. I understand the conditions were bad but neither looked like an NFL starter to me.

Nassib has had a great career here. Got better every year. Went from Paulus' strong armed backup to a polished top QB. He made our offense work this year. Great Player, even better student/person. A lot of character, Great Representative for Program here and beyond.

RBs stats were incredible. But the OL made most yards, some holes were massive. Smith is so tough, I hope he can become a step faster for next year, he lacks any break away speed. Gulley was excellent today. When he holds onto the ball and goes more North than East/West he is very very good. We are stacked at RB next year. Have to move Broyld.

WRs were basically no shows. Lemon and Sales have had great careers but not good games today. I doubt either will get drafted. Not explosive enough. Other guys will have to step up next year, but we should be more athletic. Can not wait to see Funderbunk in Spring.

Wales played his usual solid game, I wonder if he can hold off Thomson in the spring... Stevens/Cutler had multiple nice blocks. Solid program building players.

Like i said earlier, OL was excellent. I would say they are top 10 in college football good. Completely dominant since Pugh's return. Really like Trudo's potential.

Geno is Shafer's B*tch. We own him and WVU lately. Big props to the defensive staff for game plan.

Sharpe/MPB/Robinson played well, mostly in run support not a ton of pressure besides the "trip sack" (should have been a penalty). Didn't notice Bromley or Goggins much. Couldn't believe how much Welsh played.. wonder if he plays next year.

Siriki played the best game of his career. He was all over the place, making solid tackles. Thought Lynch/Davis/Spruill all also played well. Our Lbs are perfect against spread teams.

DBs covered well but did not tackle well at all. Wilkes was himself, out of position and behind the play most times. I hope he is pushed during spring. Reddish is almost too physical a corner, pushes a lot. Anderson had a up and down game, just like his season. Very Glad Shamarko was not hurt bad and was able to finish his career on the field. Excellent leader/person. Thought Wayne Morgan was really good today both on defense and ST. Future is very bright at CB as well.

Impressed with Krautman's attempts today, best game of the year for him.

Only negatives were early bonehead penalties and turnovers. They had to remind us they were the same team who played Minnesota i guess..

Always great to beat WVU.. burn couches hillbillies.

Think we are the best team in the Big East, only Cincy could maybe beat us now. Wish we played this well all year as we'd be preparing for the orange bowl. Could have very easily had a ten win season. Oh well.. Still a fun year.

Will write a season recap/2013 preview sometime this week hopefully.

Great Game. Great Season. Very Good Team. Go Orange!

If you watch the "trip" over you see that Sharpe had inside movement on his blocker and went to spin with Gino trying to break outside away from the pressure. Sharpe went to spin and his blocker held him at his shoulder pads. Look at a face mask when the player is grabbed going one way and his body goes the other. The pass interference was a legit call also. The defender was beat and ran into the WR without looking backwards. The announcers called it a legit call. I They didn't show the flagrant on TV so can't comment. I thought the officials did a pretty legit job today. It was awesome to watch football being played like it should be; in the elements/smash mouth/guys covered in muck and mire. It really had a throwback feel, and I must say, the Pinstripe is my fav bowl. I think it is great for us and our brand to have two great and exciting games down there in the Bronx.

Congrats on DM to getting to .500 win percent.

I don't think any call going against a WV Mountee is a bad call. I wish there was really bad calls, cause I would love to see DH get a hair cut by having him pull his own hair out.

What an awesome year!

Did anyone see the personal foul? Would be interested to know what happened?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom