Quick thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quick thoughts

This is getting to be the silliest argument I've ever seen on this site, and that's saying a lot.
Would you like me to make it sillier? I can start bringing in points about herrings.

And I sincerely hope that no one actually thought that "terribly fair" reference in the OPs first sentence had anything at all to do with CJ. That's just silly.

Oh I know. I'm supporting you.

1. OP says "officiating sucked both ways"
2. anomander, and yourself to a lesser extent, jump on OP saying he's being negative
3. Someone else says we got away with some fouls
4. You circle all the way around and say reffing sucked both ways, which agrees with the original post that you appear to have thought was negative and worthy of calling out a bit

I just find it a little funny.
I really am at a loss. Enjoying the phrase "terribly fair" and "we have no beef" is calling out people for being negative?

I really am at a loss. Enjoying the phrase "terribly fair" and "we have no beef" is calling out people for being negative?
Admittedly I'm referring more to anomander than you with that regard, but you seemed to be taking his side in thinking it was a negative post. My apologies if you really were not saying it was negative, that's just the way it read initially.

Every ball that went out of bounce went to pitt in the second half. And there was around 10.

Would love to have seen the time of possession in the second half it was probably around 14 to 6.

And on probably 8 of those, it was clearly the right call.

I might agree. But a few of those were on rebounds, usually the defensive team gets the benefit of the doubt.

I might agree. But a few of those were on rebounds, usually the defensive team gets the benefit of the doubt.
...since when does the defensive team get the benefit of the doubt? This isn't baseball where the tie goes to the runner. The ball goes out off of who the ball goes out off of. There's no benefit of the doubt.

- First off. The refs. They were TERRIBLY fair. Missed calls for both sides. The worst was the hack on poor Zanna which should've been an and-1.

- Pitt came out flat and James came out firing hot again. We competed for loose balls, hustled, and rebounded early. Very nice to see.

- MCW had a couple of bad turnovers but played a nice floor game and made some HUGE FTs.

- Late 2H it looked like the previous Pitt game where they were out-muscling and owning us inside for rebounds. Just not enough beef.

- Pitt D in general was not as strong as I thought it would be. I think if we had quicker guards then we would've won pretty easily.

- Just a very gritty win and some timely plays from everybody. That 1H was beautiful. Continue the redemption tour!

Personally, I thought the refs sucked dick today. Flat out awful.

I am incredibly pleased by how tough we came out today--especially in the first half, when we did a great job on the glass and scrapped on the floor for loose balls.

I thought that there were a bunch of BS calls on us / non-calls on Pitt that had a tremendous impact on enabling their comeback. That's right, I said "enabling," because that's exactly what it was..

Pitt's game is absolute garbage, and the refs should be ashamed for being complicit in allowing that crap to unfold on the court.

Glad we out-toughed them, because it is tremendously satisfying to send Pitt home. Screw them.

I am incredibly pleased by how tough we came out today--especially in the first half, when we did a great job on the glass and scrapped on the floor for loose balls.

I thought that there were a bunch of BS calls on us / non-calls on Pitt that had a tremendous impact on enabling their comeback. That's right, I said "enabling," because that's exactly what it was..

Pitt's game is absolute garbage, and the refs should be ashamed for being complicit in allowing that crap to unfold on the court.

Glad we out-toughed them, because it is tremendously satisfying to send Pitt home. Screw them.
For the record, I will like any post that basically boils down to "screw Pitt."

but what about poor Zanna?

gotta love the quick thoughts that start every point with a negative. good lord

How the F is this a negative post, lol? Just sort of stated the obvious and gave credit to our guys for a tough and hard fought win.

I'm failing how anyone can read that and think it's anything but positive, overall. Let's recap:

1. Poorly officiated game, both ways (reasonable)
2. Pitt came out not shooting well, James shot well (accurate)
3. MCW played a strong floor game despite a few brain fart turnovers (also accurate)
4. We got outmuscled a bit but overall outworked Pitt (yeah, that's just so negative I can hardly stand it)
5. Pitt D was not as good as it has been in recent years and we could have exploited it with guard a little quicker going to the hoop (this might be the most negative thing in the post, and it's not that negative)
6. We were gritty and played a great first half and held on for the win and will hopefully keep winning (yeah, that's just horribly negative...get out of here, you clear Pitt fan, you!)

Jesus people, just because people aren't openly blowing Jim Boeheim doesn't mean they are being negative.

I know! What?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom