Quick Thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quick Thoughts

I thought G played his worst game of the year.

You can't beat a good team on the road when your best player misses five free throws and about four lay ups.

Lydon doesn't have the confidence to shoot when guarded yet. He still made some decent plays, but he needs to shoot more.

Roberson played ok offensively, but we needed him on the glass. That didn't happen.

Coleman only had one rebound, but our defense was much better when he was in. I don't think it was a coincidence we couldn't stop them after he fouled out.

Malachi played within himself. I wish he hit more shots. All his threes are in and out. Maybe he puts a weird spin on the ball?

Cooney looked like the guy most ready for a game against Pitt. He played well on D, hit the few looks he had and was able to get to the line. We're lucky he grabbed the rebounds he did or the disparity would of been worse.

Last edited:
Coleman had 1 rebound and 2 points.

But he was very active and took up a ton of space...He played his best game of the year last night. We don't need our center to score points. But I do agree he should of had more that one rebound...

G, Mal and Lydon all play out of position.

QUOTE]
And are playing there better than anybody else on the SU team. Move G back to SF, who plays point better? Mal playing SF probably playing as well as G did last year. And Lydon scores and rebounds better than Coleman.

This WHO PLAYS BETTER is such BS...and it happens every year for the past like 5-10 years.

No one is saying don't play G and Cooney the majority of the game.

If you do the following:
Play G 30 mins at the point/5 mins at SF
Play Cooney 30 mins at SG
Play Howard/Joseph 10 mins at PG/SG
Play Mal 25 mins at SF / 5 mins at SG

You have the following:
- Fresher G and Cooney at end of games, end of the season

- If G or Cooney or Mal are having a bad game and Howard and Joseph are having a good game, you can PLAY THEM MORE.

- If someone gets hurt, you have an invested player ready to come in and play major mins (To this point, I still say we don't make Final 4 a couple years back if Southerland didn't get suspended. Grant wasn't ready to play until he got actual on court mins. Same with Pace in 2002)

In the NBA Finals, Steph Curry didn't play the whole game. WHY? Is Shaun Livingston better than Steph Curry?

(Wanted to add...this wasn't directed at your post specifically, SBU. Just a combo of posts)

If you do the following:
Play G 30 mins at the point/5 mins at SF
Play Cooney 30 mins at SG
Play Howard/Joseph 10 mins at PG/SG
Play Mal 25 mins at SF / 5 mins at SG
This is would make a he11 of a lot of sense, seemingly the ideal sort of rotation with this group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom