Quick Tidbit on Laray Smith | Syracusefan.com

Quick Tidbit on Laray Smith

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
John Garcia just tweeted that he ran a 10.4 100m at a meet on Saturday. That is a sick time...if it is legit, it would be the 14th fastest time in HS track this year. It would also be good enough to have won the 2011 Big East Outdoor Championship (USF WR Hopkins won with a time of 10.44).

So, who's in the lead? I never get a good feeling about him coming here.

New article at scowt teases that he's waiting for the Oregon offer but favoring 3 other schools. I'd assume we're one of the three.

Oregon is obviously in a great position because they can recruit whomever they want and always have him in their back pocket if they need a back up plan. Sucks for us.

I have to assume he's they guy we want before we move on to mr davis. Hopefully the Davis' would still want us but such is life in the game of recruiting.

If he gets an offer from Oregon...he's heading west
he's not getting an offer from Oregon - and with SU track team showing some life this year Syracuse is an excellent place for him to end up

Im a big fan of this kid and would love to see him in Orange. On top of that world class speed he has some shiftiness that I think can really translate onto the football field. If he can fill out his frame I think he could be a really player where ever he lands

he's not getting an offer from Oregon - and with SU track team showing some life this year Syracuse is an excellent place for him to end up

Oregon is talking to him and hinting at an offer...we are in the mix if Oregon does not offer..

Curious if it was wind aided. He's fast regardless but 10.4 non wind aided 100m is blistering fast.

John Garcia just tweeted that he ran a 10.4 100m at a meet on Saturday. That is a sick time...if it is legit, it would be the 14th fastest time in HS track this year. It would also be good enough to have won the 2011 Big East Outdoor Championship (USF WR Hopkins won with a time of 10.44).
If Doug is ever going to use the "44" card it should be with this kid. NOW !!is the time.couchburn

Is it official that SU is really high on him? Or is it wait and see what happens with Gus and 'neezer? Info is unclear on SU's committ on this kid? Any word?

It's hand timed lol (I am kidding I have no idea before people start getting upset)

HA! I was just asking because my junior year in HS a guy in our league ran a 10.4 at states but scout still had him at 4.52 40 time. Guy on my team was 2nd with a 10.7 and hand timed at 4.4. You could never get a good angle on him on the sidelines in practice. Both were .2-.3 quicker at states then their personal bests otherwise though.

Is it official that SU is really high on him? Or is it wait and see what happens with Gus and 'neezer? Info is unclear on SU's committ on this kid? Any word?

According to the NY POST Syracuse is very high on Laray Smith

HA! I was just asking because my junior year in HS a guy in our league ran a 10.4 at states but scout still had him at 4.52 40 time. Guy on my team was 2nd with a 10.7 and hand timed at 4.4. You could never get a good angle on him on the sidelines in practice. Both were .2-.3 quicker at states then their personal bests otherwise though.
Where is JO at times like this?

JerseyOrange
JO was a regular poster who was very knowledgeable about the NJ/NYC high school football scene (I always assumed he was a HS coach or ex-coach). He was a big proponent of track times, which personally, I never thought translated well to running the football.

If Doug is ever going to use the "44" card it should be with this kid. NOW !!is the time.couchburn
We aren't using the "44 card" on a kid that is a lesser recruit on our board than Gus Edwards.

Cali's potential 44's over the last 4 years
2009: PTG
2010: AAM
2011: Morris
2012: Smith

Still waiting on one of those recruits to have a season worthy of 44. The number needs to stay retired.

We aren't using the "44 card" on a kid that is a lesser recruit on our board than Gus Edwards.

Still waiting on one of those recruits to have a season worthy of 44. The number needs to stay retired.
Did he choose Morris this past year? I don't remember him saying much about Morris.

I like Laray way over Edwards . Speed being the bigger advantage for Laray. I'm glad you're keeping track of my last misses on the 44. Of all those ,I think Mr.Smith might be the most deserving. I don't recall ever thinking that AAM was a 44 caliber prospect. In fact I thought he was nother version of DC3 who was a good back but not great for Syracuse. Very little speed which is hurting him with the colts.:(