Quintin Hillsman | Syracusefan.com

Quintin Hillsman

Tiana with 21 points, 8 rebounds, 11 assists and 5 steals. She almost became the first SU player , man or woman, to have a triple double in an NCAA game.
Typo? Because that’s not a triple double

It was a comfortable game to watch. We played very well at times but had spells, like the men, when the ball would not go in the hoop. Tiana missed a triple double by two rebounds. Too bad we cannot keep her forever.

Yep I was a little disappointed we couldn't totally break it open until the 4th quarter after that great second quarter spurt that opened up the lead but still a really nice win

I watched some of the game as someone who watches very little women's bball. Is team capable of winning it all?

I watched some of the game as someone who watches very little women's bball. Is team capable of winning it all?

Hate to say it but I don’t think so. They do have elite 8 - final 4 possibilities. They are ranked 12th right now but teams like Notre Dame , Baylor, UConn, Louisville, etc are better than us but if we execute, coupled with a few upsets it could be fun to watch. We lost to Oregon at Oregon by 2 when they were ranked #3 at the time (#5 now). Our inside power game, rebounding etc probably isn’t quite there yet to be ranked in the very top top tier but as we’ve seen with the men in a single game anything can happen.

Hate to say it but I don’t think so. They do have elite 8 - final 4 possibilities. They are ranked 12th right now but teams like Notre Dame , Baylor, UConn, etc are better than us but if we execute, coupled with a few upsets it could be fun to watch. We lost to Oregon at Oregon by 2 when they were ranked #3 at the time (#5 now). Our inside power game, rebounding etc probably isn’t quite there yet to be ranked in the very top top tier but as we’ve seen with the men in a single game anything can happen.
Who's our toughest obstacle to get the final four?

Who's our toughest obstacle to get the final four?
We (#3 seed) have to beat Oregon (#2 seed) in the sweet 16 if we get by S Dakota. Monday. Since we played them earlier losing by 2, both teams know each other . Mississippi St is the #1 seed coming from the top of the bracket and might face in the elite 8 if we got past Oregon. That of course assumes that Oregon and Miss St win their next game too.

They can be an Elite 8 team, but I don't think they've shown anything this year that they can beat at 1 seed. We lucked out a but by not being in UConn's bracket as they're inexplicably a 2 this year.

Remember in women’s hoops the number 1 team is about 30 points better than the number 2 team. So no, they have no chance.

if our bigs had finished some of the wide open looks they missed Oshae-style, we would have pulled away much earlier. But finishing has been somewhat problematic all season. As Cherie said, we are a dominant inside gamer away from being in the mix. Q has some great young talent, though, so next year could be special. Not saying we win the whole thing, but we could be Top 10 all season and legitimately compete for hardware.

I put them in final four on ESPN

Screenshot_20190324-095616.png

if our bigs had finished some of the wide open looks they missed Oshae-style, we would have pulled away much earlier. But finishing has been somewhat problematic all season. As Cherie said, we are a dominant inside gamer away from being in the mix. Q has some great young talent, though, so next year could be special. Not saying we win the whole thing, but we could be Top 10 all season and legitimately compete for hardware.

It’s a good bet that Tiana leaves early after this season and coupled with the loss of Miranda Drummond, our 2 highest scorers and best 3 point threats, will leave huge holes needing to be filled next year. Our young bigs will be a year older but we’ll need to replace the scoring, outside threat, rebounding, ball handling, passing and experience of our talented lead guards. The development of top recruit Emily Engstler this year was key to help bridge the transition next year but has not been the success to date that was hoped for. Hopefully she’s back on track next year for a big jump as well as our 3 French connection players. Now if Tiana did stay...

Hope people come out Monday to support the team and see Tiana, Miranda etc for the last time in the dome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom