Quint's Top 20: Championship Week | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: Championship Week

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

9. Syracuse
The Orange (RPI No. 10) get a two-week break to prepare for the NCAA Tournament — that's a tricky proposition for both the players and staff. A late-game collapse against North Carolina destroys April momentum. Invert defense, shot selection and overly cautious offensive mindset needs to be tweeked. Let it be a wake-up call.

9. Syracuse
The Orange (RPI No. 10) get a two-week break to prepare for the NCAA Tournament — that's a tricky proposition for both the players and staff. A late-game collapse against North Carolina destroys April momentum. Invert defense, shot selection and overly cautious offensive mindset needs to be tweeked. Let it be a wake-up call.

Quint is spot on here.

if quint has cornell/towson/Jh for the last bubble spot and OSU out he must have someone else in as a lock besides ND like UNC? and towson might get the AQ anyway?

if quint has cornell/towson/Jh for the last bubble spot and OSU out he must have someone else in as a lock besides ND like UNC? and towson might get the AQ anyway?

Not sure on who he has but I can't see any scenario where he has UNC in. Perhaps he still has OSU as in?

Layoff is tricky and needs to be handled well.

Break could freshen legs , help recovery from some nicks and bruises but a seventeen day layoff can also dull the knife as practice and intra squad scrimmage are against the familiar.

Staff is experienced , will map out to hopefully prep to a crescendo. Break allows extra work on clears , inverts and crease slides to start . They can not prepare team for opponent yet but they might be looking closer into a few

Hopefully yale wins Friday and Cornell is done for the year

Cornell will be right on the bubble if they lose Friday with a 10-5 record. Hard to tell if they get in or not. 10 wins is a good number but outside of Towson there aren't any upper echelon wins as Albany and Lehigh have both struggled. Cornell needs Towson to win the AQ and for Albany and Lehigh to go far in their respective conf tournaments.

Too lazy and uninformed to project scenarios but are either of these two possible if Maryland loses again to JHU.

1) Maryland is out 2) They come to Dome for opening round or vice versa.

Too lazy and uninformed to project scenarios but are either of these two possible if Maryland loses again to JHU.

1) Maryland is out 2) They come to Dome for opening round or vice versa.

I can't see any scenario where Maryland is left out regardless of the JHU game, they are a lock even though if you dive deep into their wins the only real big win is Penn. Like us though they have a lot of top 20 wins like Nova, OSU, Rutty, Carolina etc. I also don't see Maryland losing twice in a week to this Hopkins team, that's not how they roll under Tillman. That said would be real interesting to see how far they fall if they lost to JHU. Also will be fascinating to see if Hopkins loses if they get a bid at 7-7, I think NO but they have gotten the benefit of the doubt before from the tourney commit because of the "hopkins" name.

Not sure why Quint is saying SU is RPI #10, the last NCAA RPI came out on 4/21/19 and has SU at 6. I don't believe it has been updated.

Not sure why Quint is saying SU is RPI #10, the last NCAA RPI came out on 4/21/19 and has SU at 6. I don't believe it has been updated.
Here is the laxbytes RPI, which seems to track well with the NCAA (when you use the right dates). SU #10.

Kind of suprised that Duke's RPI is still so high after that ND loss. Looks like it didn't fall at all.

I hope Desko shows that very chart to the team next year before the first game. If we beat Colgate, we'd be #6 on that list.

I hope Desko shows that very chart to the team next year before the first game. If we beat Colgate, we'd be #6 on that list.

If we don't blow a three-goal lead with six minutes left last week, we'd be where we should be. Sigh...