Quint's Top 20: We've Got Momentum | Syracusefan.com

Quint's Top 20: We've Got Momentum

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

11. Syracuse The Orange took a step forward in a Sunday afternoon win over Army. Defense and goaltending were the themes. Goalie Drake Porter was sharp. Nick Mellen, Brett Kennedy and sophomore Grant Murphy — filling in for Tyson Bomberry — were on lockdown. SU has 35 caused turnovers after three games. FOGO Jakob Phaup dominated. Brendan Curry, Nate Solomon, David Lipka and Jacob Buttermore did the bulk of the damage. Freshmen Griffin Cook and sophomore Owen Seebold are seeing more time.

#HHH welcomes Virginia to the Dome on Saturday at noon (ESPNU).

5. Yale Brought down from cloud nine by Villanova as the defense struggled to support matchups, the Bulldogs bounced back with a win on Saturday over Penn State. When you have a plus-19 possession advantage at the dot and only win by one, it's cause for longterm concern. Transfer FOGO TD Ierlan was the game-changer. Jackson Morrill was strong with the rock, but the Yale middies didn't shoot it great.

The Bulldogs’ incessant chatter, including “F-bombs" within ear shot of young fans, must be tempered. When little fans can hear your obscenities, it's not OK. It's unsportsmanlike, over the line, and not worthy of a title program. It's a time bomb that reflects poorly on us all. Yell and scream all you like — I love the passion and energy — but clean up the language.

Quint not holding back. Not a good look for Yale. I only watched parts of the game and I didn't notice.

5. Yale Brought down from cloud nine by Villanova as the defense struggled to support matchups, the Bulldogs bounced back with a win on Saturday over Penn State. When you have a plus-19 possession advantage at the dot and only win by one, it's cause for longterm concern. Transfer FOGO TD Ierlan was the game-changer. Jackson Morrill was strong with the rock, but the Yale middies didn't shoot it great.

The Bulldogs’ incessant chatter, including “F-bombs" within ear shot of young fans, must be tempered. When little fans can hear your obscenities, it's not OK. It's unsportsmanlike, over the line, and not worthy of a title program. It's a time bomb that reflects poorly on us all. Yell and scream all you like — I love the passion and energy — but clean up the language.

Quint not holding back. Not a good look for Yale. I only watched parts of the game and I didn't notice.

I didn't hear anything about his either but if Quint is mentioning it, it must have been real bad.

I didn't hear anything about his either but if Quint is mentioning it, it must have been real bad.
It's good have guys like Quint Kessenich out there cleaning up the sport one blog post at a time.

Was Quint at the game or is he reporting something he was told?

I sat first row behind the Yale bench in Foxboro last year and I didn't hear any language.

What is promising is that there is still upside. The defense was great without Bombarry and Refuss has yet to contribute scoring, that's not going to last forever.

I could see the profile of this team being the opponent is going to struggle to get to 10 and SU consistently scoring 11 to 13.

Was Quint at the game or is he reporting something he was told?

I sat first row behind the Yale bench in Foxboro last year and I didn't hear any language.

Heard the same thing from even keeled kids about Yale after our scrimmage with them, seems they have some sssholes that go beyond. Glad Quint put that out there, wake up needed.

What is promising is that there is still upside. The defense was great without Bombarry and Refuss has yet to contribute scoring, that's not going to last forever.

I could see the profile of this team being the opponent is going to struggle to get to 10 and SU consistently scoring 11 to 13.
UVA be the real test defensively with their attack and first line mids. Some matchups will need to be planned for or require in game adjustments. On the other hand, our offense should be helped by the wider open play.

Okay with Quint on this. Guys who got 700 on the Verbal part of the SAT should have other options than the F-bomb. They have the best words.

Interesting. At the tourney last year, Yale was clearly the most disciplined team at the final four. Maybe the success needs to be managed a bit by the staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom