Quite the loyal student section... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quite the loyal student section...

Student section was good until it was obvious at halftime Clemson was a cut above SU. Can't blame students. No football tradition, down 21. Go party. Sad but it's the truth.

I knew someone was going to bring this up. I'll be the first one to be mad/disappointed at students for leaving games early, but you can't complain about students leaving early when it's 35-7 at the half. I understand we could've come back, and we had our chances to cut the deficit to 14 or even 7. 2 years ago we came back to beat Wake Forest and last year we almost came back to beat Northwestern. In both of those games, I was extremely disappointed with the students. I think there's a lot more that we need to be worried about than students leaving a blowout early. No student is supposed to leave before the playing of the Alma Mater, but no other fan should leave before the end of the game either. Maybe a few minutes before the end, but there were other people that had already left early in the 4th quarter.

Damn shame. They come out in strong force for basketball. Terrible it's gotta be like that.

Lets not get crazy. I am a basketball season ticket holder and the students have been crap for quite a while now outside of the big games. I have plenty of pictures of the ushers moving people over to fill seats.

For football the student section should be reduced until they prove they need that large of a section on a game to game basis

Think about it. These kids have NEVER seen SU football any good. They were 4-7 years old when Donovan was at the hill. We basically have a generation of Syracuse students (<25 yearls old) who have never seen a good syracuse football team. In all honesty, why should they show up?

by the end of the year last season we were a legit top 15 team. sure we weren't ranked, but we were really good. 2 bowl wins in 3 seasons, these current students have nothing to complain about i'm sorry

and trust me the basketball "fans" aren't that much better. they no show for mid pack conference games on a regular basis

by the end of the year last season we were a legit top 15 team. sure we weren't ranked, but we were really good. 2 bowl wins in 3 seasons, these current students have nothing to complain about i'm sorry

and trust me the basketball "fans" aren't that much better. they no show for mid pack conference games on a regular basis
that's a stretch... top 15?

that's a stretch... top 15?

by the end of last year? i would definitely say so.

Won 6 straight including
Crushing #11 L'ville who then crushed UF
Went to Mizzou and won
and manhandled WVU

Where did you think we should have been?

by the end of last year? i would definitely say so.

Won 6 straight including
Crushing #11 L'ville who then crushed UF
Went to Mizzou and won
and manhandled WVU

Where did you think we should have been?
Missouri wasn't great, but nonetheless an SEC team. And that Louisville team also lost to UConn. I'd say 30ish.

Missouri wasn't great, but nonetheless an SEC team. And that Louisville team also lost to UConn. I'd say 30ish.

After we got Pugh back, and with that staff I highly doubt there was 30 teams better then us by the end of the season, but that's just my opinion.

But back to the point we had 2 bowl wins in 3 years, so the poster who said the students had never seen a good team is completely false.

Think about it. These kids have NEVER seen SU football any good. They were 4-7 years old when Donovan was at the hill. We basically have a generation of Syracuse students (<25 yearls old) who have never seen a good syracuse football team. In all honesty, why should they show up?

Incorrect. They saw a good team LAST YEAR. This acting like it's still the GRob era when it's convenient has to go.

Last year, we won as many games as Donovan's senior year team did.

There are plenty of seats between the 30s for them.

That's the alumni seating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom