R-E-S-P-E-C-T | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

It's all in recruiting. If we close out this class and bring a better class next - there is a good chance we'll be much more competitive. I think Clemson isn't the behemoth that FSU looks like either. They had a senior QB who play in the NFL throwing to an NFL WR. If they ever lose their OC - I could see them stepping down some.

I think next years schedule is looking a touch easier too.

While we are having a pretty good recruiting year for us, take a look at the rest of the ACC teams. Even Duke has us clearly beat in recruiting.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school

Love all three, don't get me wrong - but none are "great" NFL players.

Chandler and Pugh have a chance to be - think Art is a solid NFL starter.
Art is going to be a VERY rich man this offseason when he is a Free Agent or Franchise Tagged by the Ravens. He is MORE than a solid starter. He is a superstar

Don't hold your breath on waiting for ESPN to show respect. They are too wrapped up in their own opinions to realize that nobody cares what they say or think. This usually takes years to overcome.
This^^^
You can still detect some sense of- "Syracuse...really"?, every time we win. The numbers from the OP show that we have, slowly but surely, turned around the train-wreck GRob Error and are clearly moving in the right direction. But until we whup some Big Boy programs on national TV, no one outside of the SU fanbase really cares. Just the way it is.

You gotta go back to 2004 to a game we lost vs FSU and close to 20 years for a Clemson game as an example? Those days are long gone. Both have gone to a different level and unfortunately so has SU. We will lose to those 2 schools for many many years. That isn't a knock on SU but a tip of the cap as to where FSU and Clemson have taken their programs.

And this type of classic, insecure, "We'll always be 2nd-Class" mentality is what will never change about some SU fans. Its doubly hard changing perceptions from the outside, but when some in our own fanbase minimize and diminish the slightest hint of progress...its just sad. Oh Lord
JMHO

Last edited:
Good God no. Hope I'm wrong though

Cool. Just wanted confirmation that your a half-empty kind of fan. My response is: Yes. I think so. I might be wrong though.

It's all in recruiting. If we close out this class and bring a better class next - there is a good chance we'll be much more competitive. I think Clemson isn't the behemoth that FSU looks like either. They had a senior QB who play in the NFL throwing to an NFL WR. If they ever lose their OC - I could see them stepping down some.

I think next years schedule is looking a touch easier too.

For the time being Clemson will be tough, Take a look at their depth chart - they are all underclassmen! There recruiting class is about as good as it ets as well. The only thing that is going to slow them down is if their assistants get poached.

They should be 3-0 heading into the game at Met Life vs Notre Dame next year. Win that, get to 4-0 and more people will start talking. "Syracuse? they use to be really good, maybe they're rising back up."

Maryland shouldn't be taken too lightly. Stefon Diggs and Deon Long were 2 of the best receivers in the ACC but got injured before they saw us along with half their other starters

You gotta go back to 2004 to a game we lost vs FSU and close to 20 years for a Clemson game as an example? Those days are long gone. Both have gone to a different level and unfortunately so has SU. We will lose to those 2 schools for many many years. That isn't a knock on SU but a tip of the cap as to where FSU and Clemson have taken their programs.

maybe so, but we haven't played them since then until this season. We're going to get our fair share of wins against them in time.

And we have legitimate great players in the NFL in Chan, Art, and Pugh.

Great support point.

End the blowouts, knock out or at least don't get your butts kicked by the FSUs and Clemsons and have an offense with some moxie and we are back in the perceptual conversation of "Use to be good...might be on their way again."

Not being negative. In fact my post was very positive when I joined this thread. But when people start thinking we will be beating FSU and Clemson, I mean come on!

Yeah, this is why you piss people off - if you're already going to throw in the towel for a decade and chalk up losses to FSU and Clemson...there's no other way to describe you than a crappy fan.

In other words, you're the kind of low expectation fan Buzz Shaw and Jake C aspired to cultivate.

Hope you are right...got a feeling you are dead wrong

Well your prediction track record is so spot on that we should log those in as wins right now.

Don't hold your breath on waiting for ESPN to show respect. They are too wrapped up in their own opinions to realize that nobody cares what they say or think. This usually takes years to overcome.

It would help if we didn't lose the three toughest games on our schedule by a combined 164-17. And the Clemson game could have been a lot, lot worse.

Hope you are right...got a feeling you are dead wrong

You are being a Debbie downer. :(

Everyone here knows that both clemson and fsu are going to be tough wins to get but that is why you play the game. C'mon man

Us(Clemson) and FSU will have down years somewhere down the line. FSU has brought back their tradition where it was in the 90s and we are near where we were in the 80s. Syracuse will compete in the ACC and you will most likely sneak upon FSU or Clemson somewhere down the line also.

Well, we're certainly not going to lose to them EVERY year. We used to beat Miami once in a while when they were kings of the roost. We had Fla State on the ropes at the Dome in 2004, and we crushed Clemson in a bowl game the time before last that we played them. We'll get our share of wins against these teams.

This is patently false.

We won against Miami twice. in 1997 and 1998.

They were on probation and down to 60 schollies.

The constant drubbings by Miami were much of the reason P was canned.

(Stern liked my post so this may have come off anti-Cuse)

I am not saying at all that we won't, I will say the evidence is there that Syracuse has not done well against top-notch competition.

Hoping that blowouts only go our way in the future though

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom