Rachel Nichols | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rachel Nichols

Trailer trash!?! She's Hollywood royalty. Her dad, Mike Nichols won the academy award for directing The Graduate. Her step-mom is Joan London

OK, I had to look this up. She married Mike Nichols' son. Mike Nichols is currently married to Diane Sawyer, not Joan London.

Rachel Nichols looks like she's been through the ringer a few times. She looks dirty.

In this thread:

Dudes who b9tch about announcers for 5 months every season, but when a good one comes around, they can only talk about their awkward boners. C'mon man.

Meh, I don't read too much b!tching about sideline reporters. Most people just pretend they don't exist (for good reason).

Trailer trash!?! She's Hollywood royalty. Her dad, Mike Nichols won the academy award for directing The Graduate. Her step-mom is Joan London

I guess I'm completing missing your point.

It is amazing what one sideline reporter does to Jennifer Love Hewitt's rep on this board!!!! Apparently, we are talking about Miss America!

She definitely didn't look as hot as she usually does. The side profile against that stark background is unflattering.

HOT?!

The best I've ever seen for just the reasons you cite.
She asks questions to which a coach might actually give a real answer instead of the usual platitudes.

And she goes with the flow.
Today she asked Boeheim something like, "Coach you had some words with MCW at the end of the half. What did you tell him? " Boeheim said, " I told him to get into the locker room because we have some talking to do." And she smiled at his witty answer and replied "What are you going to tell the team?"

This(or something like it). I've heard a couple of others that were not run of the mill from her, and have been impressed. She does much better than Andy Katz, in my opinion.

I hate most of the obviously there for the looks sideline reporters. But there are exceptions. Rachel Nichols seems to actually want to ask good questions. Doesn't always hit the mark, but sometimes does. Isn't afraid to pry and poke a little.

She definitely didn't look as hot as she usually does. The side profile against that stark background is unflattering.

That's why most of the times you see her it's a head-on shot.-VBOF

She is pretty, smart and a good reporter. What is not to like. I was surprised to learn on her Wikipedia page that she is 39, looks younger than that.