Radio stations in NC going crazy! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Radio stations in NC going crazy!

They shot their season % from 3. Seemed like they were shooting 75% but in reality, around 42%. They just happen to make 15 of them, that was the catch.
Thing is prior to our first game, Sulaimon was in hibernation. Now he is a solid contributing member. That is huge for them.
Jefferson has been looking like a stud every 4th game. At that rate we will miss his A game.

Thing is prior to our first game, Sulaimon was in hibernation. Now he is a solid contributing member. That is huge for them.
Jefferson has been looking like a stud every 4th game. At that rate we will miss his A game.

Sulaimon had a pretty good game against us on 2/1, though.

They shot their season % from 3. Seemed like they were shooting 75% but in reality, around 42%. They just happen to make 15 of them, that was the catch.
finally, a voice of reality. We are not dominant. Duke shot their normal 3 point %. Despite our record, we are not in a class by ourselves. On a given night a number of the top teams might beat us. We get some kudos for closing out close games, but we would get more if we had a larger average margin of victory. Of course, the other teams are going to harp on our parade of close games and contrast that with our record. It does not mean that we are hated for being from NY or being newbies. It simply means that our record might be subject to debate. We will not know the answer until we play at Virginia and Duke, the ACC tourney and the Dance. On the plus side; Grant and XMAS are improving with every game, Keita is practising, we have the opportunity to win some significant away games, and we are not going to be out coached.

Every team gets calls in their favor and against them. We are owed a few after the charges on Triche in the last 2 ncaa tournaments. I just looked up the box score in the foul fest Ohio St game. Southerland fouled out in 11 minutes. Dion fouled out in 20 minutes. How is it even possible to foul out in 11 minutes?

finally, a voice of reality. We are not dominant. Duke shot their normal 3 point %. Despite our record, we are not in a class by ourselves. On a given night a number of the top teams might beat us. We get some kudos for closing out close games, but we would get more if we had a larger average margin of victory. Of course, the other teams are going to harp on our parade of close games and contrast that with our record. It does not mean that we are hated for being from NY or being newbies. It simply means that our record might be subject to debate. We will not know the answer until we play at Virginia and Duke, the ACC tourney and the Dance. On the plus side; Grant and XMAS are improving with every game, Keita is practising, we have the opportunity to win some significant away games, and we are not going to be out coached.

Nonsense. Duke shot their normal three point percentage, but hit way more threes than what they average. They don't average 15 threes a game. Seriously, this isn't a difficult concept to grasp.

"Our record might be subject to debate?" How so? We're undefeated and 25-0 at a ridiculously late stage of the season. Our record is the one thing that CAN'T be debated. Detractors can wring their hands and whine about close calls all they want, and fantasize about us losing. There are some colloquial sayings about "almosts" and "ifs and buts" -- but none of that amounts to a hill of beans beyond wishful thinking.

"On a given night a number of the top teams might beat us." Isn't that true of every team in the top 10? Did you see what happened last week in the top 15? Every team is struggling. For most teams, playing poorly translates into losses. We've had pretty good teams in the past that would have lost games at Pitt, against NC State, or at St. John's, or at home to Duke--games we found ways to win this season. Or might have folded against Villanova. This team has shown a tremendous amount of poise all season long. Margin of victory is window dressing; there are no style points in the W/L column. Would it be great to win every game by 20 points and have every fast break result in an ESPN top 1o highlight? Sure. But that isn't how we play, nor is it how any other team plays.

Other teams have off nights and lose--even top 10 teams. We have off nights and find ways to win. Doesn't mean we're unbeatable, doesn't mean that we don't have things we can't improve upon. But I'm greatly encouraged that this team hasn't even peaked yet.

We're going to get a boost / shot in the arm / infusion of energy from Baye's return. Book it. I love how things set up for this Duke game, with them having to play their main rival on Thursday. And despite having 4 out of the last 6 on the road, I am a believer in what this team is capable of.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Last edited:
SU is the only reason the ACC is relevant this year.
I cry BS!!! The ACC is always relevant. Cuse is good but the ACC did just fine before allowing you guys to make more money joining the conference. Remember... Basketball is only one sport...we already have a one trick pony.. Is Cuse another?

The game is played on the court and cuse has earned respect this season by taking care of business. They can say what they want, but at the end of the day Cuse is number 1 in the country.

I cry BS!!! The ACC is always relevant. Cuse is good but the ACC did just fine before allowing you guys to make more money joining the conference. Remember... Basketball is only one sport...

Allowing us...How much is SU making for the ACC?

FYI. This is a basketball forum. SU has been carrying the banner all year. ..in basketball.

The truth is if JB coached his whole career in the ACC he would already have over 1000 wins! The old Big East was a much harder league and JB would have won 2-3 more games per year over 33+ years (time in the Big East) that's a good 80 more wins

Remember... Basketball is only one sport...we already have a one trick pony..
Speaking of the other sport... ACC schools rank 1-5 in thenlatest coaches' poll. Look at which school is ranked #1. It makes your "one trick pony" comment a bit silly, unless you were referring to UVA.

Allowing us...How much is SU making for the ACC?

FYI. This is a basketball forum. SU has been carrying the banner all year. ..in basketball.
Saying that the ACC is only relevant in basketball because of SU is a major joke! Yeah... Duke isn't relevant, UVA isn't relevant, UNC isn't relevant,... You guys have been taken to the limit by how many non relevant ACC teams this year? I love it!! I'll be back after March 1st to see just how non relevant the ACC is...

Saying that the ACC is only relevant in basketball because of SU is a major joke! Yeah... Duke isn't relevant, UVA isn't relevant, UNC isn't relevant,... You guys have been taken to the limit by how many non relevant ACC teams this year? I love it!! I'll be back after March 1st to see just how non relevant the ACC is...

No you won't -- you'll crawl back from whatever rock you emerged from after we kick your a$$e$ and put two games on you in the "L" column.

You won't be missed.

Speaking of the other sport... ACC schools rank 1-5 in thenlatest coaches' poll. Look at which school is ranked #1. It makes your "one trick pony" comment a bit silly, unless you were referring to UVA.
Actually I was referring to Va Tech... In that "other sport". UVA is 3-0... If you didn't notice!

I cry BS!!! The ACC is always relevant. Cuse is good but the ACC did just fine before allowing you guys to make more money joining the conference. Remember... Basketball is only one sport...we already have a one trick pony.. Is Cuse another?
He said this year jacka$$.

No you won't -- you'll crawl back from whatever rock you emerged from after we kick your a$$e$ and put two games on you in the "L" column.

You won't be missed.
I'll be here... Will you?

I'll be here... Will you?

Uh... yes. Both because I expect to defeat you, and because this is our board.

Out of the two of us, you're the one with nothing better to do than try to stir things up on an opponent's board instead of engaging in intelligent dialogue.

PS--we're going to beat you in lacrosse that weekend, too--clean sweep for the Orange[men]!

Last edited:
Tuna.jpeg

I will be in Charlottesville to see the game...along with a bunch of my "orange and blue" friends. Better buy up what seats are left...the "Evil Empire" is coming to town...

Uh... yes. Both because I expect to defeat you, and because this is our board.

Out of the two of us, you're the one with nothing better to do than come chirp on an opponent's board.
I'm here because I love how you guys are beating your chest... Bashing the ACC because no one really gives a rats ass about Syracuse... Wahhhhhhhh

I'm here because I love how you guys are beating your chest... Bashing the ACC because no one really gives a rats ass about Syracuse... Wahhhhhhhh

You're here because you don't have a life and you're in between customers at your gas station pumping job.

We're bashing the ACC because more and more you've proven to be a bunch of delusional clods. Can't wait to March 1st, to firmly cement our hold on the ACC. When you're done crying about it, we'll welcome you back for your apology.

I will be in Charlottesville to see the game...along with a bunch of my "orange and blue" friends. Better buy up what seats are left...the "Evil Empire" is coming to town...
I'll be there as well... The 14 Syracuse fans in attendance won't be heard

You're here because you don't have a life and you're in between customers at your gas station pumping job.
I have a degree from UVA while you're busy in that rathole they call Syracuse... Doing what??? I'd be depressed too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom